• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diablo III / 3

Reaction score
Well I'm disappointed. Game does not live up too the hype imo. People beating it in 5 hours lol.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well I'm disappointed. Game does not live up too the hype imo. People beating it in 5 hours lol. 

seriously? Must be beta players who know where they are going and had power builds in mind.

Diablo 2 really doesn't take all that long to clear (especially in a group) on normal if you skip all the cinematics/side quests/local color. It takes much longer to repeat it on the harder difficulties and also, what is the point of skipping all the background lore and stuff...that is part of what makes diablo so engaging vs something like Torchlight which is just a sequence of random dungeons with no story.

Dunno if you could clear D2 in 5 hours...but maybe you could with some unbalanced builds that weren't nerfed in a patch...and my first time through D2 I had a pile of crap for stats (a necro with 5 skeletons and crap like that) so I would have had to reroll to get any further.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My biggest gripe yet is the fact that damage output is totally dependent on your weapon, which is so ******* stupid. It makes absolutely no sense at all, and all my wizard ends up doing is chasing the weapon with the highest GIANT DPS NUMBER, regardless of whether it's a wand, a sword, or a bloody crossbow.
baldy[1].gif

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Played through Act 1 last night. Wake up, servers down!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My biggest gripe yet is the fact that damage output is totally dependent on your weapon, which is so ******* stupid. It makes absolutely no sense at all, and all my wizard ends up doing is chasing the weapon with the highest GIANT DPS NUMBER, regardless of whether it's a wand, a sword, or a bloody crossbow. 
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

lol, that is a little goofy although I suspect the magical attributes will come into play later and you won't use anything but a wand or a staff.

I'm stuck. Can't kill the skeleton king because my computer lags up too much in the battle when he summons minions and eventually I die since the demon hunter relies on being able to stay out of melee combat. wish you could pump potions like D2 which might help with the lag.

Going to try once more and then restart the computer and hope a fresh boot helps with the lag. If that still doesn't work, I'll be buying a copy of Snow Leopard and trying it on the mac which has the same processor but more RAM and better video.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah i power rushed through it in about 7 hours... for normal. this is to be expected though.

fir3fox

Reaction score
Can't play... I just came back to a message that they're taking the servers down again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads