1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo III / 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by GreenFrog, Mar 24, 2012.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Darn. Maybe I'll start with DH then

2. b1os

b1os Senior member

If I were you, I'd play what I wanted to. If you want to play a barb, play one. Really. But don't forget to add me. :p b1ossss#2165

3. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

Fighting the butcher, he is one hit from dying and so am I. The guy is supposed to heal me when I'm low and he doesn't so I die. Me: "WHAT FUCKING GOOD ARE YOU IF YOU DONT FUCKING HEAL ME" trade him for sorceresses soon after.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  4. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

I've actually seen the most DH so far.
    There's always room for tanks in a party; I'm sure barbs will be highly valued among your friends.

I'm up to 13 now, I think...but my friends are in the mid-30's. We'll see how much I can do tonight.

5. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

by the way, my name ingame is "YeAhBaBy". Looks like two people from SF added me.

6. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

7. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Nightmare is fucking my shit up. The elemental champs/uniques destroy my monk. Desecration, molten, arcane, all of them.

8. otc

otc Senior member

alright, I am up to level 20 or so in act 2

otto#1671

I've gotten a little high level since the slow computer makes me die easy (and literally run slow in low FPS areas which doesn't make sense on a server-sided game) and I have been clearing out all of the little "Cellar" side dungeons...Should speed up the movement tomorrow on a real computer and get further along.

Demon hunter has been enjoyable different from the amazon but similar. The movement abilities help break free when I fall into D2 tendencies and I've found a few combos that I enjoy. One thing I find a little annoying is not being able to switch between abilities with hotkeys (even if there was still a cooldown). I've got some setups that work better in crowd control and some that work better with single target damage but its completely impossible to switch during a battle.

9. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

mid-act 2 in nightmare is where it starts to get difficult.

the sewers with an arcane waller or a vortex molten mob... will make you want to cry...

i think i've died at least 200 times in act 2. i hadn't died at all in normal or act 1... lol.... :(

this. it doesn't matter who plays what because loot drops are all individual. (ie. person A can't see what loot dropped for person B)... everyone is on a separate loot table.

to be honest, i haven't seen a lot of barbs or wizzies... most of the people i've seen while partying are DH's, Monks, and WD's.

10. worakl

worakl Senior member

Arcane champs/uniques are fucked up. Combined with jailer/waller = dead me.

11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Back to starting with barb then!!

12. jarude

jarude Senior member

monk is a lot of fun. i really like how the skills synergize; you can see how higher level runes will work really well with lower level ones. elective mode is a must, too - there are too many awesome combos that you miss out on if you don't enable it.

13. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

I've been playing with a monk and love it so far. What is elective mode?

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

So how much time are you guys putting into this game j/w?

I heard there are a handful of level 60's now. One prominent one being a Youtube sponsor/charity donor or something.

15. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Allows you to choose whichever skills you want. Without it, you're locked into 1 "defensive," 1 "technique," etc.

Found a great group leveling synergy with mystic ally, mantra of healing, and serenity. Usually had 7 sided strike as the 4th, sometimes additional heal with bad double champ packs.

Thanks for hopping in for Act 2, Reborn. Hope you're having as much fun as I am!

16. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

4 or 5 times in normal. 10+ in nightmare.

Deaths in normal were some combination of being greedy with potions+severe lag+being too gungho. Deaths in nightmare were due to mortar champions and bosses... especially in a tight choke, it's unreal.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  17. gort

gort Senior member

FFS somehow my account is "stuck." I can login to my game, if I send my friends a message they see it but I can't see if they message me. If I login to my game no matter where I go, when I logout/login again I end up where I initially started. Support ticket open but FFS in busy launch weeks support tickets can last days/weeks.

18. b1os

b1os Senior member

Two hours maintenance. :(

Oh, I played on US servers. Didn't know that was the standard setting. Can one play with players from another server? Cause my friendlist is empty on EU servers.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  19. jarude

jarude Senior member

yes, i think global play is enabled, so there's some feature that will allow you to change your play region.

for the monk, i've been going with thunder (leftclick) and cyclone strike (rightclick). i attached the teleporting rune to fists, so i zap into a big group, suck them all in with cyclone strike, trigger my DPS aura and drop the wave of light bell on them. works perfectly! i get such a huge kick out of a giant church bell falling from the sky, dont know what it is. also, found like 4 good rares in 20 minutes last night. how often do blacksmithing pages drop? i've gotten my smith as high as i can without them; are they a real grind or do they drop semi-frequently?

20. worakl

worakl Senior member

Pages drop all the time in nightmare, never had an issue with it except for maybe the part up to Leoric.