1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo III / 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by GreenFrog, Mar 24, 2012.

1. gort

gort Senior member

They said they are using this open beta weekend to serve as a stress test, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

im playing with a friend right now and he's lagging so bad because he's on wifi and a laptop.. lol dammit

3. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

I beat Diablo 3... demo :] The skeleton king gave me an ass kicking first time, then i loaded up on pots.

4. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Seemed pretty easy with the wizard, didn't get hit very often. He kicked my ass when I was a barb, though.

5. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Normal was really easy. Diablo has always been about nightmare and hell mode anyways.

I played through the demo 3 times today with different characters, and I have to say I am very disappointed. There's really not anything new since D2. The skill system is different, not deeper. It's still the mindless clicking that Diablo has always been. It's interesting to see that blizzard borrowed elements from DotA and games like that.

Barb's Ancient Spear = Pudge's meat hook
    Barb's leap works just like Mirana's
    Monk's reach works like lanyana's blades

6. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

The only thing I feel is similar to D2 is the story line and characters.

7. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

barb's leap worked similarly in D2.

besides, i don't think that changing the basic things that worked with the first two in the series would go well with the player community.

i do agree that the artwork is a little bit more "cartoony" but i don't think it's a "negative" in a sense. it is still fairly dark. let's remember guys when we played up to blood raven in D2 we didn't get into any of the serious dark stuff either.

how? pots are on cool downs now...

i believe because they are keeping everything server side, this will prevent item duping. each item dropped has it's own item create code. (much like how an item would drop in WoW). this is how they're preventing duping. the downside to this is that you have to have an internet connection to play single player.

i think the rune system will increase the variety of play... i'm excited to see how that will turn out.

8. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

There's already been multiple methods of duping discovered in the beta that were fixed by BLizzard

9. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

Yeah I used witch doctor and I kept getting low health. I was able to evade him enough to use a pot but they eventually ran out (I only had ~4) I figured I'd just stock pile them and I think I ended up using around ~4 bu I had a different tactic that worked quite well. I'm going to play through it with demon hunter tomorrow.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

played with my fried and beat the demo in an hour.. tooe asy

11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

got cocblocked by some indian fucker

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

14. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

Good morning. Fun night, eh? :D

15. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

Like someone else said, Diablo is meant for NM mode with a party.

16. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Played the monk 'til level 5 then couldn't log back into his game, but I didn't really like him anyways. Playing a witch doctor now (level 8), lot more fun.

17. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

I like the new skill tree tbh how you can increase the level of a skill with runes. that's why I don't think I can make a judgement on a character until I play it past the demo level (20?) because looking further ahead (level's 50-60) they all get pretty good.

18. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

But because everything's pre-set there's really a limited amount of combinations you can choose.

19. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

true. D2 had a lot of capabilities. I always made different necromancer classes (skellymancer was my favorite) which is why I think i'll like the witch doctor the most.

20. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Man, even though the game's graphics don't look all that advanced it still uses up some serious juice. I'm running it on a laptop with a solid processor (2.0ghz sandy bridges i7) and a meh card (Radeon 6570) and I can't play on high settings without a serious dip in FPS.