• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Di Biano vs Antonio Meccariello

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum and I am looking for suggestions for brown derby cost around $500.
I found two pair, one from Anotonio Meccariello
https://www.yeossal.com/collections...-aeris-derby-in-whiskey?variant=1167987343385
Aeris-derby_600x.jpg
and one from Di Biano https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuin...730573?hash=item3d7427310d:g:Z6cAAOSwi2tbnv1m

di biano.jpg

I also like the enzo bonafe derby here :
https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/products/enzo-bonafe-derby-in-bolet?variant=3775643189288

Enzo-Boanfe-3964-Vitello-Bolet-363-Last-1_9f18d121-a1e5-4a5a-846b-d56cb898d1e0.jpg
and the carlos santos derby, but I heard their patina leather doesn't age well.
https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/col...tos-derby-in-braga-patina?variant=12418930244
Carlos-Santos-7201-Braga-Patina-160-Last-1_d419e5e4-e67e-4922-a130-cd1fdf889f92.jpg

and another option is the carmina split-toe derby here:
carmina split toe derby.jpg

Which brand is better and which of the above models is better in terms of quality? I am open to other suggestions as well, pictures welcome! Thanks!

Last edited:

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! How does the AM aeris quality compared to the Enzo Bonafe and Carlos Santos derby above? Thanks.

I have Bonafe and AM Aeris as well as CS. CS is really great value for money but definitely one or two steps below the other ones. It’s hard for me to compare my AM and Bonafe due to the different styles (Oxford vs chukka) but I feel both are really great value for the price. Don’t think you can go wrong with either. In the end it’s a matter of design preference and fit I’d say

Reaction score
I have Bonafe and AM Aeris as well as CS. CS is really great value for money but definitely one or two steps below the other ones. It’s hard for me to compare my AM and Bonafe due to the different styles (Oxford vs chukka) but I feel both are really great value for the price. Don’t think you can go wrong with either. In the end it’s a matter of design preference and fit I’d say
Thanks a lot, that is very helpful! How about a Carmina split toe derby? I recently found one looks like below. Do you also have experiences with Carmina's quality compared to the AM and Bonafe ones you owned? thanks!
carmina split toe derby.jpg

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, that is very helpful! How about a Carmina split toe derby? I recently found one looks like below. Do you also have experiences with Carmina's quality compared to the AM and Bonafe ones you owned? thanks!
View attachment 1039658

I have several Carmina. Very solid shoes but for me below AM Aeris (probably mostly due to the much nicer waist that AM shoes have). I’d also put Bonafe over Carmina. They tend to run a bit cheaper than either of those. I’d say with the 4 brands you’re looking at the standard retail price is a good indicator of where they sit. If you can get say AM at a Carmina price I’d definitely take AM (assuming I like both models equally and fit shouldn’t be a factor either)

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have thought about it and I think I like the way the back is with the strip covering the stitch. I understand it is not a purists interpretation but the thing you guys have mentioned re the breakaway with shell

I might do a second style Wholecut Chelsea with a more defined Square toe as we are developing the last anyway for the Jumper but as far as our version of Shellseas goes this will be it.

Can't please em all I guess

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads