• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Di Biano vs Antonio Meccariello

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum and I am looking for suggestions for brown derby cost around $500.
I found two pair, one from Anotonio Meccariello
https://www.yeossal.com/collections/all/products/meccariello-aeris-derby-in-whiskey?variant=1167987343385
Aeris-derby_600x.jpg
and one from Di Biano https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine-SCARPE-DI-BIANCO-SBP901-Premium-Deco-Marmo-Cap-Toe-Sz-9-1-095-00/263941730573?hash=item3d7427310d:g:Z6cAAOSwi2tbnv1m

di biano.jpg

I also like the enzo bonafe derby here :
https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/products/enzo-bonafe-derby-in-bolet?variant=3775643189288

Enzo-Boanfe-3964-Vitello-Bolet-363-Last-1_9f18d121-a1e5-4a5a-846b-d56cb898d1e0.jpg
and the carlos santos derby, but I heard their patina leather doesn't age well.
https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/collections/derbys/products/carlos-santos-derby-in-braga-patina?variant=12418930244
Carlos-Santos-7201-Braga-Patina-160-Last-1_d419e5e4-e67e-4922-a130-cd1fdf889f92.jpg

and another option is the carmina split-toe derby here:
carmina split toe derby.jpg

Which brand is better and which of the above models is better in terms of quality? I am open to other suggestions as well, pictures welcome! Thanks!

Last edited:

Proleet

Reaction score
Thanks! How does the AM aeris quality compared to the Enzo Bonafe and Carlos Santos derby above? Thanks.
I have Bonafe and AM Aeris as well as CS. CS is really great value for money but definitely one or two steps below the other ones. It’s hard for me to compare my AM and Bonafe due to the different styles (Oxford vs chukka) but I feel both are really great value for the price. Don’t think you can go wrong with either. In the end it’s a matter of design preference and fit I’d say

Reaction score
I have Bonafe and AM Aeris as well as CS. CS is really great value for money but definitely one or two steps below the other ones. It’s hard for me to compare my AM and Bonafe due to the different styles (Oxford vs chukka) but I feel both are really great value for the price. Don’t think you can go wrong with either. In the end it’s a matter of design preference and fit I’d say
Thanks a lot, that is very helpful! How about a Carmina split toe derby? I recently found one looks like below. Do you also have experiences with Carmina's quality compared to the AM and Bonafe ones you owned? thanks!
carmina split toe derby.jpg

Proleet

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, that is very helpful! How about a Carmina split toe derby? I recently found one looks like below. Do you also have experiences with Carmina's quality compared to the AM and Bonafe ones you owned? thanks!
View attachment 1039658
I have several Carmina. Very solid shoes but for me below AM Aeris (probably mostly due to the much nicer waist that AM shoes have). I’d also put Bonafe over Carmina. They tend to run a bit cheaper than either of those. I’d say with the 4 brands you’re looking at the standard retail price is a good indicator of where they sit. If you can get say AM at a Carmina price I’d definitely take AM (assuming I like both models equally and fit shouldn’t be a factor either)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.