• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dexter Season 6

DBoon

Reaction score
Actually, it's really hard to say what's going to happen anymore. And not because of flawless open-ended writing....but because there are SO MANY loose ends and absurd things each week that it's impossible to draw a logical path from one event to another. Perhaps the most glaring, hilarious flaw from last night's episode: aparently Xanax tastes awful and is not soluble in water - making a surprise xanax-water cocktail literally impossible. Also, nobody seems to remember that years ago Quinn got pictures of Dexter and Lumen dumping ******* bodybags off his boat.

Anyways, LaGuerta still hasn't taken him down. She nor the cops saw him with Estrada. The promo shows Dexter putting Estrada in his van / on a table (presumably to kill him so he can't talk to LaGuerta). Her arresting him in the promo could have been a dream sequence. If it's real, she could not have enough evidence to convict. Worst case scenario is he gets off on a technicality and lives a Hannah McKay life in exile. More likely: LaGuerta fails to convict and either gets killed or vows to get him in season 8.

I honestly don't even care anymore if Dexter gets caught or how. I don't know if I've grown tired of the show or if the writing has turned me off, but I feel none of the excitement or anxiety of the earlier seasons. Dexter lives? Gee, let me guess: a superhuman struggle or two, some ridiculously fortuitous circumstances present themselves, and he executes some ridiculous ploy that any real police department could see through. Dexter dies? Well, it's about time, the guy has gotten sloppy as ****. Oh, and since there's 1 more season, I KNOW he won't die in the finale, and he probably won't be convicted either.

The only reason I'm going to watch the finale is to see what happens between Dexter and Hannah. It wasn't a well-written or very believable romance, but I'm genuinely interested to see her demise and/or escape. The promo shows her kissing Dex, convulsing in a prison transport vehicle, and standing outside Dexter's apartment in a black shirt. My theory is that she dies (by poison - from Dexter's kiss or her own stash). Then, during some unbearably cheesy Dexter Voiceover
00ae.png
, the black-shirted Hannah is a ghost that appears when he says the word "Dark Passenger".

Looking back, the show has always had a cartoony vibe. It's never been very profound or insightful. The try-hard monologues have cracked me up since season 1. But yes, it's gotten to the point where there are SO MANY stupid things going on that it's almost too distracting to just sit back and enjoy the show.

velobran

Reaction score
The previews for next week show so many things, it's hard to know what will be a dream sequence. Doakes' "surprise mutha fucka" comeback must be a flashback or a dream because he's wearing a shoulder holster, which I doubt he'd be doing in real life.

The only thing I can think of that might go down and wrap up the season ... and this is very far fetched. Dexter gets taken in on circumstantial evidence and is thought to be the butcher. Hannah is released through some screw up or botched evidence (as usual). Deb kills two birds with one stone and kills Hannah butcher style (she knows what the scene looks like) to throw LaGuerta off that the butcher is still out there. The gets rid of Hannah, who knows Dexter is a killer, and gets Dexter out of jail. The other similar scenario is that Hannah is released and kills Estrada as Dexter normally does (again - she knows the scene) to show Dexter how much she really loves him, again, removing Dexter from suspicion.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Deb self-medicated to frame Hannah and inject doubt into Dexter's mind - which blows because a) Hannah is ******* hot and b) Dexter will probably never get her back.

And how can Dexter basically admit to turning Hannah in when she has dirt on him??

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And how can Dexter basically admit to turning Hannah in when she has dirt on him??

Yeah didn't get that either. I mean, she could easily cut a deal.

DBoon

Reaction score
I thought it was a decent (i.e., not particularly good) finale.

Surprise surprise, Hannah has a magic potion that can induce nonfatal seizures and unconsciousness. Oh, and it apparently also makes the hospital security go into a temporary coma as they allow a murder suspect to break restraints and waltz out of the hospital. I actually laughed out loud when Deb shot LaGuerta since she needlessly complicated the situation by shooting LaGuerta with her own ******* service weapon. And unless they pick it up next season, the entire ******* Koshka Brotherhod / Quinn storyline was a red herring (or poorly written subplot).

I've seen too much of this show to not watch the final season. But I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy it as I once did. This whole season I never thought for a ******* second that Dexter could get caught. I only watched the finale to see what would happen to Hannah. They decided she'd live, but the writers weren't good enough to think of a clever (or logical) way to make that happen. The only questions left for next season: (1) Is Miami Metro to figure out LaGuerta's death and/or discover her evidence on Deb/Dex? [Hint: probably not]; and (2) will Hannah return as a lover and/or Big Bad? [Hint: probably depends on Yvonne Strahovski's fame in 2013].

About the only thing I think this show has going for it is that since Season 8 is the confirmed final season, they will finally have the freedom to make Dexter fallible.

Mariooo

Reaction score

I thought it was a decent (i.e., not particularly good) finale.
Surprise surprise, Hannah has a magic potion that can induce nonfatal seizures and unconsciousness. Oh, and it apparently also makes the hospital security go into a temporary coma as they allow a murder suspect to break restraints and waltz out of the hospital. I actually laughed out loud when Deb shot LaGuerta since she needlessly complicated the situation by shooting LaGuerta with her own ******* service weapon. And unless they pick it up next season, the entire ******* Koshka Brotherhod / Quinn storyline was a red herring (or poorly written subplot).
I've seen too much of this show to not watch the final season. But I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy it as I once did. This whole season I never thought for a ******* second that Dexter could get caught. I only watched the finale to see what would happen to Hannah. They decided she'd live, but the writers weren't good enough to think of a clever (or logical) way to make that happen. The only questions left for next season: (1) Is Miami Metro to figure out LaGuerta's death and/or discover her evidence on Deb/Dex? [Hint: probably not]; and (2) will Hannah return as a lover and/or Big Bad? [Hint: probably depends on Yvonne Strahovski's fame in 2013].
About the only thing I think this show has going for it is that since Season 8 is the confirmed final season, they will finally have the freedom to make Dexter fallible.

Of course, the Koshka Brotherhood (though it appears to be the main plot with Ray Stevenson) was kind of a subplot for Dexter's changing and learning curve plot...
There were several main- oder subplots if you want to split them up..

I'm pretty sure the Series will end with Dexter, Harrison and Hannah happily together on their Farm in Argentinia.. It's the only thing that makes sense..
The whole season was a build-up to show Dexter changing from a fake life, to a real life and love.. a life without hidding (in regards to both Deb & Hannah).... the meaning of love in all their forms..... and the possibility of a "normal" future..
They admitted it before this season started, that this season will have a plot that will span from S7 to S8.... leaving it to be some kind of a double-season...

So this season ends with Hannah escaping to Argentinia, leaving Dexter the plant which tells him she is starting a farm there and will be waiting for him there, if he is still "sure" about her...
I mean, she didn't cut a deal, because she's in love with him... she didn't try to murder Deb a second time... She just escapes...
This episode even had Harrison mentioning that he's missing her... And not forgetting the explanation of the "survival of the fittest" theme in this episode

Before this season started I thought that the official re-opening of the Bay Harbour Butcher case would be the seasons ending.. didn't see that shooting coming..
But it was clear once Dex has this Estrada? guy on his table and had his talk..
It was a) to explain why Hannah did it,...... b)why Dexter plans to do it ........ and c) why Deb actually did it..

damn, another year of waiting :angry:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics