• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Detroit shoppin thread

yellman

Reaction score
Just came back from Troit. Here is the haul Pantharella socks, $3.00 each at Marshalls RLPL Linen Jacket, 600 minus 40% at off saks, lots available Polo Outlet in Birch run 75% off plus and additional 15% off Cashmere sweaters for $32.75 tons of sizes RLX Swiss made merino wool/leather jacket $60 (regular $299) http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/inde...053&cp=2794053 but in a wool with more leather Black label belt normally $325 for $12.75 RRL jeans normally $385 for $24 Neiman had 75% off plus additional 15% They had an Isaia blue 92 wool/ 8 cashmere from $987 minus 75% minus 15% in size 46. cashmere market down to about $30 Nordstom Last call had AE suede for $47 Tommy Bahama for $19 dress shirts Good day all in all.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should have grabbed all of the Isaia at that price for resale. Also, I've never seen Pantharella at marshalls... has anyone else?

yellman

Reaction score
I was back and forth on the isaia for a sale. I live in Canada so if it doe snot sell, it would be a bithc to return, even thoyugh I could probably get %500 for it.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what was the overall selection like at the birch run RL outlet? I havent been there in years but from what I recall, it was just a bunch of normal polo stuff.

yellman

Reaction score
Most of the polo stuff at birch was nothin special, spoke with Viola, she went in the back and got me some stuff that they had not put out yet. Picked up 3 cashmere sweaters, italian cloth sewn in china. Sweet cream wool trousers made in italy, $20. Nice rlx polo top for $8. A silk custom dress shirt for $20. Most of the outlets need you to inquire about the stuff. They often recieve stuff and it sits in the back in a box until they decided to put it out. The brooks outlet had a nice vest, like cucinelli style with loro piana storm system for $75. lots of sizes. They also had the brooks country club label vests, super 140 for $60 in small and large.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by magogian12345
Look for the rusted out industrial complexes and rows of foreclosed houses.

I was just kidding. I know where Detroit is.

- B

JordanH.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
You should have grabbed all of the Isaia at that price for resale. Also, I've never seen Pantharella at marshalls... has anyone else?

Yes, I was thinking about buying a pair at the Marshall's here. Then, I decided that I didn't sincerely want them.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
Are you from Windsor?

I had to think about this for a second, but I have never been in Michigan.

I have been in New York, though, and the two states are similar.

- B

tlmusic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Where is Detroit?

- B

This place:
detroit004eg6.jpg

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I had to think about this for a second, but I have never been in Michigan.

I have been in New York, though, and the two states are similar.

- B

Sorry, I was asking the OP since he said he was from Canada. Windsor is the closet Canadian city to Detroit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads