• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Detox week

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Ok last week was tough on the system...this week I will be healthy. So...uh...how do I do that?

OK, I am off alcohol til next Sat night (I didnt drink anything today, so that will be a week). Other than going overboard on the salt water....what should I do to clean the system out a bit?

Taxler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Ok last week was tough on the system...this week I will be healthy. So...uh...how do I do that?

OK, I am off alcohol til next Sat night (I didnt drink anything today, so that will be a week). Other than going overboard on the salt water....what should I do to clean the system out a bit?

Why would you want to drink salt water?

If I wanted to detox, I'd skip any solid foods for 2 days, and drink plenty of vegtable juices and water.

Big Jack

Reaction score
GoLYTELYÂ
00ae.png
is good to clean inside out. Works fine.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I have no desire whatsoever to drink salt water, but some of the guys here may recall faustian bargain's cleansing detox of a few years ago, where he lived on salt water and lemon juice for like 2 weeks. edit - here it is http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=17077

mkerr

Reaction score
every time i read about how someone wants to "detox" i want to skull **** the stupidity out of them. "toxins" is another word that makes my peenie hard enough to penetrate retinas. you'd be far better off using some common sense, eating whole foods / minimally processed foods, getting some good exercise + sleep, and taking a break from the utter shite that a large slice of the natural medicine industry rely on to pump people for money.
"Detoxification" with Pills and Fasting Frances M. Berg, M.S. It's an irrational concept, yet an intriguing idea, that modern life so fills us with poisons from polluted air and food additives that we need to be periodically "cleaned out" ("detoxified"). Never mind that natural chemicals in our foods are thousands of times more potent than additives, or that most Americans are healthier, live longer, and can choose from the most healthful food supply ever available. The elaborate, manipulative hoax of "detoxification" is gaining ground. Many people sincerely believe that their intestines, colon, and blood stream are subject to "clogging" by undigested foods and poisons. Food faddists seem to have a special fascination with bowels, colons, and body wastes.) The supposed need to detox is promoted through extensive writings, advertisements and door-to-door pitches. This usually involves fasting several times a year for a few days while taking laxatives or diuretics to "clean out the system." Some entrepreneurs claim that detoxing is a great way to jump-start a diet by losing 5 or 10 pounds before you even begin the diet itself. And if their scheme is not about weight loss, "rejuvenation" is typically recommended afterward. People who are persuaded that these activities will restore vigorous youth can wind up hooked on an herbal regimen that costs several hundred dollars a month. The questionable products include: * In the "Inches Away plan," the client eats no solid food for three days, drinks only water with lemon juice and honey added, and takes three kinds of herbal capsules. This is claimed to cleanse the digestive tract of accumulated waste and putrefied bacteria, clean out the major organs and blood, and give mental clarity because it stops the mind's bombardment by chemicals and food additives. After three days of detox, the client takes four kinds of diet pills in combination, up to 30 a day, and visits the diet center for weekly body wraps and daily simulated action on 10 passive exercise tables. * In the Sambu Internal Cleansing Program, "Dr. Dunner of Switzerland" advises detoxing by drinking a special tea with pills that combine elderberries and birch-juniper. * The Herbal Cleansing and Detox Program from the Indiana Botanic Gardens of Hammond, Ind., includes a tea and tablets containing ginger, prickly ash, yellow dock, cascara sagrada, psyllium and uva ursi. "With your body free of harmful toxins, you will feel younger, better, healthier and happier!" Claimed benefits are increased energy, better digestion, normal weight maintenance, clearer complexion, good circulation, mental alertness, balanced function of vital cleansing organs, and stronger defense system. (Cost for a supply of tea and tablets is $29.90.) * The Health Center for Better Living of Naples, Fla., promotes Colon Helper and an amusing theory: "It has been proven by medical authorities that nearly half of all sickness starts in the colon . . . when the colon is kept clean, disease in the body is very rare." After this the dieter might choose their Trim Fast pills, Herbal Food Combination Weight Loss Formula #59, Dieter's Delight Herbal Tea, or Good-Bye Cellulite. * Detoxification Relief is marketed by Home Health of Virginia Beach, Va. It helps you stop harmful effects from "overindulgence," or from tobacco, alcohol and pollution. * Dr. Clayton's Natural Program for Weight Control combines three kinds of pills, two for cleansing and one for weight loss. Blood Cleanser is claimed to "detoxify the blood and tissues," and the Herba-Clenz is for "cleansing and healing the bowel." The detoxification theory can enable con artists to gain great power over their customers by diagnosing and curing "potentially fatal" (but nonexistent) illnesses. "They have to invent the idea of toxins," says Peter Fodor, president of the Lipoplasty Society of North America, "because that gives them something to pretend they can fix." It can be terrifying to believe that one's body is being poisoned by toxins from within. But if this were true, the human race would not have survived, says Vincent F. Cordaro, M.D., an FDA medical officer. "A person who retained wastes and toxins would be very ill and could die if not treated. The whole concept is irrational and unscientific."
from: http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...ics/detox.html

triathlete

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkerr
every time i read about how someone wants to "detox" i want to skull **** the stupidity out of them.

"toxins" is another word that makes my peenie desire to penetrate retinas.

you'd be far better off using some common sense, eating whole foods / minimally processed foods, getting some good exercise + sleep, and taking a break from the utter shite that a large slice of the natural medicine industry rely on to pump people for money.

from: http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...ics/detox.html

Is it too early for a 'best post of 2009' nomination?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Sometimes I want to skullfuck M@t too, but that's only b/c his accent is so cute.

mkerr

Reaction score
oh and m@t, i wasn't trying to be personally insulting / offensive towards you, rather my anger and phallus are pointed towards the people that sell this shite.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
every time i read about how someone wants to "detox" i want to skull **** the stupidity out of them.

"toxins" is another word that makes my peenie hard enough to penetrate retinas.

you'd be far better off using some common sense, eating whole foods / minimally processed foods, getting some good exercise + sleep, and taking a break from the utter shite that a large slice of the natural medicine industry rely on to pump people for money.

I have to agree, best "detox" program you can have

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
oh and m@t, i wasn't trying to be personally insulting / offensive towards you, rather my anger and phallus are pointed towards the people that sell this shite.
I am going to guess this post came exactly three seconds after the PM that said "dude...you just told a mod you want to skullfuck him"
smile.gif
It's OK, I am very forgiving. Just ask blueoakleyz. Seems the primary issue here is one of the word "detox". Meh. I am not a big fan of semantics anyhow. I can assure you that my life involves an excess of toxins. Plentotox. Feel free to read the thread called This Is How We Roll over in Social Life and see for yourself. In terms of what I have in mind for this little hairbrained scheme of mine, I was kinda thinking more in terms of sticking to water, fruit and salad for a week. Exercise is currently curtailed by a broken thumb. Riot squad thing. Someone had to keep the little bastards in line.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Exercise is currently curtailed by a broken thumb. Riot squad thing. Someone had to keep the little bastards in line.
laugh.gif
I like this one the best.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a clorox enema works wonders

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
low carb liquid protien and juice works pretty good

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
get lots of sleep, drink plenty of water, and avoid the fried foods. Maybe try oatmeal if you're feeling adventurous.

mkerr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
I am going to guess this post came exactly three seconds after the PM that said "dude...you just told a mod you want to skullfuck him"
smile.gif

nope, no PM. just didn't want to look like i was a wanker. skullfucking mods is relatively the same as other forum users, involves wizard hat & robe.
tounge.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads