Destroying expensive things (voluntarily or otherwise)

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, May 20, 2007.

1. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

I can't be the only overgrown smashy child around these parts. y u aint fessin.

2. Young Scrappy

Young Scrappy Senior member

My denon s-81 shelf stereo system fell off the shelf at a house party but we didn't stop the party.

3. alexei

alexei Senior member

Well I've wrecked 3 cars, but none were expensive.
    Funnily enough, the insurance company totalled the last one and I bought a new car. The day after I bought it someone hit me. I don't think I have pics of it though. It was repairable, but it still stinks to know your new car has been in an accident.

4. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

When I worked for an Audi/VW dealer/shop, my second day I hit a pole with the side of a new A6. A few weeks later I hit the same pole (strategically postioned to make it a bitch to pull into my stall) with new A8L, put a nice ripple in the rear quarter.

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

My brother in law, when he was a kid, caught a rat and he and a bunch of kids poured flammable liquid on the rat and burned it alive. The rat unfortunately got out of the trap in a state of panic, ran across the alley and into an old warehouse, which was partially burned.

6. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Great. Intentional destruction resulting in unintentional destruction. Torch a rat and score a warehouse bonus.

7. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

that shits pretty funny about the rat haha

Ive thrown TVs and computer monitors down the excorcist stairwell in georgetown a couple of tiems over the course of the last three years..

8. Nantucket Red

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

My brother in law, when he was a kid, caught a rat and he and a bunch of kids poured flammable liquid on the rat and burned it alive. The rat unfortunately got out of the trap in a state of panic, ran across the alley and into an old warehouse, which was partially burned.

that's fucked up

10. fighetta

fighetta Well-Known Member

What on earth prompted this little commentary?
    how about your continued attempts at subtlety which do nothing but backfire and make you look like a striving, whining boor?

11. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Ever seen the movie Crash? The Canadian one?

Yes. It's one of Cronenberg's:

http://www.salon.com/march97/crash970321.html

The night I watched it a steady stream of moviegoers left the theatre as each scene presented something more perverse than the last.

12. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

That's some nascent serial killer shit.

13. visionology

visionology Senior member

Had a few anger issues in college, especially when my computer would crash during my 3D animation final project.

A few things I did:

- Threw a yardstick metal ruler through my bedroom wall in college like a javolin. Went right through the wall into the bathroom...

- Threw a tv out a second story window in high school.

- When I first got my license I took the family Taurus wagon out for a spin, hit a snowbank which was ice so it doubled as a ramp, launched the car in the air probably a foot or two and split the right front wheel right down the middle in half when it hit the ground.

I am much more chill now however, I've gone to be very laid back.

This wasn't me but I used to know a kid in grade school who was seriously messed in the head and he would attach his cat to those rockets that you launch and strap them to jiffy pop... I saw him once since then, at church ironically, but we didn't say hi to each other. The last day I saw him was when I was around 10 or younger and he popped my finger open with a hammer, still have the scars from it today.

14. Nantucket Red

how about your continued attempts at subtlety which do nothing but backfire and make you look like a striving, whining boor?

Interesting. Such as?

15. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

i crashed my uncle's ski boat when i docking it once. The same summer I almost got hit by a tanker in it (long story). I also did a power-turn at such high speed that one the seats ripped its bolts out of the floor because of the g-forces involved. That poor boat took so much abuse.