1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Desolation row and South Texas

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rnoldh, Aug 26, 2008.

1. truth4justice

truth4justice New Member

Hamp Robinson murdered my uncle Tommy Bauer in 1976. Yeah, they were druggies and murderers! Could very well write a book about them! The sad part is I am related to the Robinson/Welder branch of the family. Which means, YES, Hamp shot and killed a man, Tommy Bauer, my uncle, who was kin to him. But hell, Hamp murdered his own best man in his wedding in missouri city, so to Hamp Robinson, in his drug-addled mind, nothing was sacred!! A very sad, messed up family who had a horrible father and a mentally ill mother, Patricia Welder. Sad!!! Can't turn back the clock and bring my uncle back though!!! We still miss him!!

2. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Hamp Robinson murdered my uncle Tommy Bauer in 1976. Yeah, they were druggies and murderers! Could very well write a book about them! The sad part is I am related to the Robinson/Welder branch of the family. Which means, YES, Hamp shot and killed a man, Tommy Bauer, my uncle, who was kin to him. But hell, Hamp murdered his own best man in his wedding in missouri city, so to Hamp Robinson, in his drug-addled mind, nothing was sacred!! A very sad, messed up family who had a horrible father and a mentally ill mother, Patricia Welder. Sad!!! Can't turn back the clock and bring my uncle back though!!! We still miss him!!

Damn, the internet is amazing! You must be from Victoria or familiar with South Texas. And somehow you saw this thread.

I knew Patrick very well and I was with Hamp ( and later his little brother Justin ) at his deathbed in the hospital, though I only knew Hamp through Patrick and by reputation.

Did you ever meet Hamp's buddy Charles Harrelson?

There could have definitely been a "Blood and Money" type book about the Robinson saga but none of them would have wanted that.

BTW: The "Doc" and his last wife Louise died a few years ago but there are still a few members of the family left.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  3. jr89

jr89 New Member

Hi,

I'm curious to know more about the Welder/Robinson family, I'm part of it but only know a handful of the many stories and was curious to hear more.