1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Desk Accessories.

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by LabelKing, Feb 21, 2008.

1. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

I like my desks uncluttered, except for the piles of paper, and a plant or two.

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

LK -- try this site as well: http://www.ultiman.fr/
    Yes, I discovered that site a while ago. I like that eagle-design money clip, and some of the vintage goods are also nice. Also nice on a desk would be a piece of large coral on a wooden stand.

3. ms244

ms244 Senior member

Good eye! They aren't matched and the revolver will never see the inside of a holster anyway -- Colt Police Positive Target Models in .32 Colt Police are to rare for wear.

It aims toward the chair on the other side of the desk....

Don't you have a little cannon for your desk?

I wish I had a desk as classy as that (though mine was free[​IMG] )

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Here is a picture of my desk a la Huntsman. The desk is a vintage Danish one. [​IMG] I will probably be changing my pen holder soon. I've yet to find a suitable desk pad.

5. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Nice! I love vintage danish.

6. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Here is a picture of my desk a la Huntsman. The desk is a vintage Danish one.

[​IMG]

I will probably be changing my pen holder soon. I've yet to find a suitable desk pad.

And in Walnut! Lovely.

7. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I would take a picture of my desk to show you my desk accessories, but it's covered with crap. It always is. I love the dream of a large desk in my private library but all I have is my work desk. And it always has piles of papers all over it.

Do you guys actually do any work on these desks or are they for writing only?

b

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Nice! I love vintage danish.

Vintage Danish furniture offers high design for not a very high price.

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

10. spertia

spertia Senior member

Here is an unstaged photo of the desk in our bedroom; I snapped the desktop "as found" earlier today. All of the stuff on it is my wife's, as she uses this piece as her own casual desk. The desk that I use for business (where I'm currently sitting) is too messy to photograph at the moment.

[​IMG]

Lamp and pencil cup are vintage. The other items are contemporary.

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Though I'm quite sure the Neiman Marcus cup is not vintage?

12. spertia

spertia Senior member

Yeah, it's one of those cheapo freebies (a candle) that NM likes to hand out with certain purchases. What can I say, my wife is a "scent" fanatic. The ceramic item at the other end of the desk is an essential-oils diffuser.

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

14. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

15. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Out antiquing in Pennsylvania the other weekend, I discovered someone selling Tiffany desk sets (or pieces) from the 1920s/art nouveau era. Here's an example of a cigarette box. They are simply beautiful.

[​IMG]

Here's a letter holder

[​IMG]

16. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

^^^These pieces are nice. I'm a huge fan and collector of Tiffany art glass.

17. freshcutgrass

freshcutgrass Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dupre-Lafon certainly designed some nice stuff. Wow...20 grand for that set.

A really nice coaster is a practicality...I have a lovely set of vintage Gucci in silver & burled wood.

A lovely little bronze is essential for those little moments of reflection/deflection when sitting at a desk for long periods.

I also think mixing different vintage periods is key...a matchy-matchy desk is uninspiring. Unless of course you want no distractions at all, in which case a desk devoid of anything but the bare essentials is best.

This Joe Columbo desk lamp is fantastic....

[​IMG]

18. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

I bought a neato ivory letter opener in Paris. But I don't have a desk.

19. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

Out antiquing in Pennsylvania the other weekend, I discovered someone selling Tiffany desk sets (or pieces) from the 1920s/art nouveau era. Here's an example of a cigarette box. They are simply beautiful. [​IMG]
    Ha! I sold a box exactly like it about five yrs ago. What were the prices like? Some stuff: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Senior member