Designs to look at for a specific suit style?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Markerbuoys, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Markerbuoys

Markerbuoys Member

Hi Folks,

I am trying to get an idea of where I should be looking for the specific suit I am looking for:

Namely, thinner lapels, a single-breasted, double vented jacket and slim, plain front pants in a modern cut in charcoal, navy, medium gray. Budget is up to $1000 US. Basically I want something that is modern but still understated. Thought I don't doubt the quality, the BBs suits do not appear to be what I am looking for. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

2. harry2quinn

harry2quinn Senior member

Hi Folks, I am trying to get an idea of where I should be looking for the specific suit I am looking for: Namely, thinner lapels, a single-breasted, double vented jacket and slim, plain front pants in a modern cut in charcoal, navy, medium gray. Budget is up to $1000 US. Basically I want something that is modern but still understated. Thought I don't doubt the quality, the BBs suits do not appear to be what I am looking for. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!
    Ralph Lauren Black Label on sale (usually 2K+); alternatively, go for Thick as Thieves (www.thickasthievesla.com)

3. Markerbuoys

Markerbuoys Member

Ralph Lauren Black Label on sale (usually 2K+); alternatively, go for Thick as Thieves (www.thickasthievesla.com)

Should also state that I also am trying to avoid peak lapels.

4. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

+1 for RLBL on sale. Make sure it fits as it requires a certain build to pull it off.