• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Designing a new suit - what details are you looking for?

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
I must admit I've never actually tried on a RLBL suit - but I've seen and touched them and they look like they have a nice, slim cut. I have a feeling the Lucente may be more to your liking, but that model will not come in suit separates. Put it this way: I wear a 40R in both Maestro and Lucente; the Lucente fits me very well off the rack, requiring a nip at the waist, whereas for the Maestro I have to have the sides taken in a bit more. For the pants, the Maestro fits me perfection - only the hem, but the Lucente pants are a little snug and need to be let out because I have abnormally wide hips.

I hope that helps...

Thanks Ben. That helped tremendously. It sounds like I'll be waiting for the Lucente model. I can't wait to see it.

cvac

Reaction score
Very interested in seeing reviews of this suit as they go out.

One suggestion I would make is that in addition to the measurements you have posted on the website, please post the jacket measurements for waist at the narrowest point and across the top button.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cvac
Very interested in seeing reviews of this suit as they go out.

One suggestion I would make is that in addition to the measurements you have posted on the website, please post the jacket measurements for waist at the narrowest point and across the top button.

Thanks, and thanks for the suggestion. We had provided that jacket waist measurement on listings in the past and found that more often than not it confuses the buyer. Many misinterpret that measurement as the waist of the pant measurement - even when we explicitly say that it is the waist of the jacket. Therefore we omit that measurement to avoid confusion. The average man is a bit more obtuse than the average member of this forum when it comes to clothing and measurements...

BdeRWest

Reaction score
Fantastic looking suits, Ben! When next I look to buy, I am definitely going to revisit your site -- these suits have every detail I look for in a suit. Bravo, and cheers!

ccffm1

Reaction score
Congratulations to you! That´s good news. Yesterday chorse123 introduced Howard Yount, today we see your line of suits, which seems really nice. It´s great to see what amazing new products are on offer lately.
Originally Posted by mdg137
Side Tabs Ticket Pocket Forward pleats PLEASE, 38 short...
I could do without the pleats, otherwise +1, especially on the size.

Siggy

Reaction score
These suits look nice. I could be interested in trying one, probably the slimmer Lucente cut, but don't see any on your site yet.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BdeRWest
Fantastic looking suits, Ben! When next I look to buy, I am definitely going to revisit your site -- these suits have every detail I look for in a suit. Bravo, and cheers!

Thanks for the encouraging words - I look forward to being of service and transacting with you in the future!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greyinla
Arrrrgh, no 36S?

Sorry, no 36S, but did you check the measurements for the 36R? Our jackets are definitely slightly on the shorter side... I may end up cutting some 36S for our suit separates in the solids - stay tuned... we may be offering medium gray, black (I don't want to hear it!), and solid navy in a few months.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ccffm1
Congratulations to you! That´s good news. Yesterday chorse123 introduced Howard Yount, today we see your line of suits, which seems really nice. It´s great to see what amazing new products are on offer lately.

I could do without the pleats, otherwise +1, especially on the size.

We do have 4 in size 38S - one sold earlier today...

http://store.ehaberdasher.com/Catego...ts&keyword=38s

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
These suits look nice. I could be interested in trying one, probably the slimmer Lucente cut, but don't see any on your site yet.

Not yet on the site - we expect delivery in the next 10 - 14 days. We'll post when they're in.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks, and thanks for the suggestion. We had provided that jacket waist measurement on listings in the past and found that more often than not it confuses the buyer. Many misinterpret that measurement as the waist of the pant measurement - even when we explicitly say that it is the waist of the jacket. Therefore we omit that measurement to avoid confusion. The average man is a bit more obtuse than the average member of this forum when it comes to clothing and measurements...

You could try listing the half-waist measurement, which in no way resembles the pant waist and should not lead to confusion. In manufacturing we usually measure flat 3" above the pocket from the very edge of the front of the jacket to center back; it can be a good indicator of how trim or not the jacket is.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love fit pics from people who have purchased.

I am very interested in the lucente model when it comes around. It will be offered in a solid navy?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
I would love fit pics from people who have purchased.

I am very interested in the lucente model when it comes around. It will be offered in a solid navy?

Yes, hopefully in the first quarter of next year we'll have solid navy, black and medium gray as suit separates also (jacket, pants in both flat front as well as single pleat, and vest)

Irond Will

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, hopefully in the first quarter of next year we'll have solid navy, black and medium gray as suit separates also (jacket, pants in both flat front as well as single pleat, and vest)

That navy houndstooth suit in 40L looks pretty nice and is tempting me. My basic concerns are whether the alterations will have to be significant (I have a thin waist and ape arms) and whether I can find a tailor capable of installing the buttons/ buttonholes properly without spending a fortune.

I am in the market for a navy suit...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads