• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Designer Warentees

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last March I bought a designer belt for $175. There is now a rip through the side of the belt purely a defect as it is lightly worn. I am wondering the Emporio Armani will do anything about this. I think I should just call the boutique up and ask what they can do. Has anyone had this type of issue before and did they do anything about it.

Please do not tell me how you dislike EA or tell me not to waste money on belts or anything else, Thanks

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt they will make the return. Smaller boutiques usually wont do it.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to start off by telling you how much I hate AE... I hate it a lot... you shouldnt have wasted your money on a belt from them.
Perhaps you should go to the boutique in person and complain. If it is a defect they should replace it! Most boutiques would do this for you, especially if you are a good customer.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
Last March I bought a designer belt for $175. There is now a rip through the side of the belt purely a defect as it is lightly worn. I am wondering the Emporio Armani will do anything about this. I think I should just call the boutique up and ask what they can do. Has anyone had this type of issue before and did they do anything about it. Please do not tell me how you dislike EA or tell me not to waste money on belts or anything else, Thanks
After almost a year? I'd say there is no way they'll take a return, but it never hurts to ask. Just call them and see. Nevertheless, most designer brands have no warranties when it comes to their bags, accessories, etc. Besides, I think they will tell you that a "rip" is not a defect but comes from wear and tear; it's probably just a very low quality belt, not a defective one. A "defect" might be defective glue, stitching, or a buckle that has a crack in it or something. A "rip" might be tough to get them to understand how it would have happened on its own without you having worn it.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
After almost a year? I'd say there is no way they'll take a return, but it never hurts to ask. Most designer brands have no warranties when it comes to their bags, accessories, etc.

True but I had a similar problem with Gucci and they would let me exchange the item or give me store credit. However there was no way they would give me my money back.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
True but I had a similar problem with Gucci and they would let me exchange the item or give me store credit. However there was no way they would give me my money back.
Like I said, it never hurts to call them and see what they'll do. Often, they'll work with you and try to make you happy with your item, given how much you paid for it. Nevertheless, in this case (especially with EA), I'm just suspicious that after a year they'll do something about a "rip." Unless the OP is misusing terms, a rip seems to me to constitute wear. A "defect" seems something that would have happened regardless of whether he used it or not.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called them up today. EA will take back any leather good no matter what it is regardless of how old it is. They will repair anything that is theres or replace it. The nice SA also told me that they will even take garments that are theres and tailor them even if it is 5+ years since purchase. I was surprised she said its all for free and you do not even need to have proof of purchase.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
I called them up today. EA will take back any leather good no matter what it is regardless of how old it is. They will repair anything that is theres or replace it. The nice SA also told me that they will even take garments that are theres and tailor them even if it is 5+ years since purchase. I was surprised she said its all for free and you do not even need to have proof of purchase.

Wow... outstanding! Glad to hear it worked out so well. I must say I'm impressed... I would have figured that they'd have been less accommodating.

Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads