• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Designer Khakis/Cargos?

ineffable

Reaction score
I'd recommend ysl for khakis/cargos. A little on the pricey side, but well worth it. The construction isn't fantastic (it's pretty bad, to tell the truth ..i'm pretty rough on my clothes, so they've needed some minor repairs, but nothing serious), but the styling is great and they have some nice subtle details. I also have a pair of Jil Sander khakis which are pretty good, but i'm much more fond of the ysl personally. (especially for cargos, the ysl ones i have are the only ones i've seen which i'd ever even consider wearing. i'll try to get a picture up if i can)

Also, for a cheaper alternative i've got a pair of juicy couture linen (part of their linen suit, i think? not sure.) pants that fit really well and are really comfortable. One of the more underrated brands when it comes to pants, imo. I'd definitely reccomend trying on a pair if there's somewhere near you that has them. Really like the styling - a little dressy, but definitely casual.

Apc is another alternative you might want to look at.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agnes B for linen pants is a good option too.

seen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ineffable

Also, for a cheaper alternative i've got a pair of juicy couture linen (part of their linen suit, i think? not sure.) pants that fit really well and are really comfortable. One of the more underrated brands when it comes to pants, imo. I'd definitely reccomend trying on a pair if there's somewhere near you that has them. Really like the styling - a little dressy, but definitely casual.

Any places online that sells juicy coutour khakis?

BTW, how are juicy coutour jeans?

ineffable

Reaction score
The quality of juicy jeans... not fantastic... The denim isn't the greatest quality, but if you don't work your jeans too hard then it should be fine. The washes.. well, if you find one you like go for it (they're a little over done sometimes, but it's a nice change. i particularly like some of their lighter washes for the summer). They're comfortable and fit well (i think they'd fit most body types pretty well).. I like them more then sevens, but that's the type of jean they are. Most likely not going to be a staple in your wardrobe, so i wouldn't purchase them at full price, but they can be found at a nice discount a lot of the time. (I've bought two pairs, both under $70cdn). A nice jean to kick around in once in a while, but if you're looking to get a lot of wear out of a pair of jeans i'd go for something higher quality (i'd reccomend earnest sewn, but that's just because they fit me really well. anything from the top ten jeans list would be a better bet than juicy.)

Side note, Bluefly has earnest sewn for $120 + you should be able to get some sort of discount,probably 20%.. that's a really good deal, imo. and there's always ebay, where earnest sewn sells for <$100 regularly.

ineffable

Reaction score
oh, and i'm not sure of anywhere that sells juicy couture khakis online. did a quick search but couldn't find anything. i don't know if i'd reccomend buying them unless they're on sale, as you can always find something better for that price on ebay (damn you ebay. i can never buy anything at full price now.)

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a spread in a recent GQ (Adriana Lima cover?) on khakis/cargos. Four pages, maybe 20 brands.

I actually thought it was pretty good.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mason's makes the best cargo pants

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics