• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Designer 'inspired' cufflinks

creat3cp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Is anyone familiar with this site?

http://overstockjeweler.com/cufflinks.html

They claim their links are sterling and if they are as pictured it might be an interesting option. Note they make a point of stating their links are not imprinted with any designer or luxury brand name.

hi, I would consider the price of their cufflinks a real steal but again. did anyone in this forum bought anything before from this store?

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
As it turns out, I purchased a pair of the sterling 'Tiffany inspired' bead earrings for my wife, which I thought would work well as a test order:

1/3 the price of the Tiffany equivalent.

They match the sterling bead genuine Tiffany bracelet I purchased her awhile back. They just came in this week. I'll await her assessment when I give them to her tomorrow. From my initial inspection they seem to be fine. This place may work out very well for gifts for my wife...and for me!

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Have you had them appraised to determine if they're sterling silver?

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
I'll await her assessment when I give them to her tomorrow.
They have some designs I like (the Tiffany-like knot-shaped), let us know about your assessment !

kdsvs

Reaction score
I would argue that these aren't worth anywhere near the prices the site is charging. Brand name aside, how much value is there in a pair of cufflinks?

Knockoff Tiffany cufflinks can be purchased in China for $8 or less. They look to be the same quality as these and I suspect they come from the same factories. Picture of a few I got: http://img286.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pdr01734vg.jpg

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Sure, show us some pics. You're probably right about the cost, but I don't get to China very often.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kdsvs
I would argue that these aren't worth anywhere near the prices the site is charging. Brand name aside, how much value is there in a pair of cufflinks?

Knockoff Tiffany cufflinks can be purchased in China for $8 or less. They look to be the same quality as these and I suspect they come from the same factories. Picture of a few I got: http://img286.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pdr01734vg.jpg

You're right. Maybe they are cheaper in China, but where do you think Tiffany and other name brands get their products from? You're just paying more for a Tiffany on the same $8 cufflinks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Cool Cufflinks at Cheap Prices ====> CuffSmart.com

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where in china do you get them? anywhere in lo wu stock them?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.