Designer Denim Fits

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by asdfTT123, Aug 29, 2006.

1. asdfTT123

asdfTT123 Active Member

yo, I'm new to these boards and I'm here for some fashion advice just like many others. [​IMG] I've just gotten into the designer denim thing and I was wondering which types of brands are best fit for each body type. I just dropped down from a size 36 to 34 and I wear anything from a 30-32 inseam. I'm 6'1" and 188 lbs...not a very athletic build but I'm losing the fat and getting there slowly. I was wondering which brand of jeans I should try on first to get a good fit/look.

2. asdfTT123

asdfTT123 Active Member

Oh yeah, I realize some jeans just won't look good with my size and figure...I'm thinking Diesel just won't look good with anything above size 32/33. How about Seven for all Mankind Relaxed Fit? Does that seem to work for my figure? I need something with a little extra room but also looks good on me and is soft.

3. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

Diesel like many other brands has different cuts catering to different body types, why don't you reasearch them.

4. asdfTT123

asdfTT123 Active Member

I have researched them pretty extensively but there's only so much you can find online. I don't have a store very close to me (about 2 hours away) so I was hoping I could find some advice on here.

5. mattjames

mattjames Senior member

You don't sound like you have a body type which would preclude you from any of Diesel's range.

6. asdfTT123

asdfTT123 Active Member

Yes, but I've heard Diesel jeans just don't look good with 33+ sizes. True?

7. mattjames

mattjames Senior member

Your heard wrong, IMO. I am a size 34/35 waist and could not be described as anything but slim. I look fine (to be modest [​IMG] ) in Diesel of size 34 waist. (not that I'm a huge fan of the brand). A lot of the diesel guys in online communities are so very thin, wearing 27 - 30 inch waists. You're bound to look better than them. [​IMG]

8. asdfTT123

asdfTT123 Active Member

Hehe, thanks. For a person your size, what brands do you prefer?

9. mattjames

mattjames Senior member

I am not set on any brands as I don't have enough experience with any of them.
    I think that with your taste you might find the info you're looking for at http://www.honestforum.com/

Although they're all reed-thin guys like I mentioned above.

10. asdfTT123

asdfTT123 Active Member

Looks helpful...thanks! But you're right, looks like everyone on the board has the body shape of a heroine addict. :/

11. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

Looks helpful...thanks! But you're right, looks like everyone on the board has the body shape of a heroine addict. :/

Err wtf? Dude they are all pretty freakin buff if you ask me... Well, looking throught the WAYWT thread it looks that way.

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

You may want to check out Earnest Sewn, 5EP, R&B, or Nudie Jeans depending on how much you want to spend and what cut you want.