• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Design work I wish I'd done

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We need a type/graphic design/video thread. First up, a ridiculously cute toy/pen holder and a great video promo. More about Chums here. The new cover for a Joy Division/New Order compilation. This design approach may be played out and more NO than JD but it appeals to me as it jumps off the page. Designed by Peter Saville and and Howard Wakefield.
total_cover_cr_1.jpg
total_back_inlay_cr_1.jpg
The total TOTAL:
5a08e5d4f9ff4662596f34fd3bff2770small_0.png
An old infographic:
average-lifespan-of-animals-13439-1306207039-20.jpg
To commemorate designer Tobias Wong, who committed suicide last year, his friend Frederick McSwain composed a portrait of Wong using 13,138 die—one for each day of Wong’s life.
1.jpg
4.jpg
Nice touch at the end of the video. Delightful video for Mango to celebrate their 2M likes on FB. There seems to be little to no post work here other than some rig removal. Nice to see handmade work. lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mapping God's bloodline.

Robert Rouse, who runs Bible visualization blog Soul Liberty, created this graphic tracing the genealogy of Jesus all the way back to Adam and Eve.

Rouse's graphic only shows male parentage ("Interconnections with spouses and mothers create an intricate web which makes it far too difficult to follow on a large scale," he wrote) and filters out any person whose ancestry could not be traced back to Adam and Eve.

Typographic movie posters.

matrix_stor.jpg
karate_kid_stor.jpg

Handschrift: a typeface made from photocopied hands

0a7de37301d5d62d54ad877cc4aa24f2.jpg

3cea45eb48d3129255240939f8a3e78c.gif

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Andy Goldsworthy. Just because.

rivers-and-tides.jpg

Another font - this one created by a car.
hello_01.jpg

Two typographers (Pierre & Damien/plmd.me) and a pro race pilot (Stef van Campenhoudt) collaborated to design a font with a car. The car movements were tracked using a custom software, designed by interactive artist Zachary Lieberman. ( openframeworks.cc )

Dionne Warwick, Walk On By - I wish I was the director who laid out these chairs.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

The ending of Last of the Mohicans. Score, choreography, acting, direction and most importantly, editing; all come together to create a beautifully designed piece of film.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
lefty

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm enjoying this thread lefty, thanks for posting.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks. Like to see the creatives of SF contribute.

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Terance Chang - Long Exposure Air Traffic.
airplane-5-600x399.jpg
airplane-2-600x378.jpg
airplane-4-600x400.jpg
Muto a wall-painted animated video by BLU

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. I was working in an animation studio when someone showed up with this and blew us away.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Depressing as hell as we were doing prelim work on the first Care Bears movie. lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Me too.

More animation.

The Take of the Three Brothers from HP and the DH - beautifully designed, and timing, pace and action of the animation is among the best out there. Done by Nexus Productions.

Canadian agency Rethink Communications designed posters using water-soluble ink that, when it rained, bled all over the other wall postings. The advertisements were in support of Notankers.ca's initiative to ban oil tankers from Canada's Pacific North Coast, and are meant to suggest how oil spills affect everyone.

Adidas "True Blue" By Psyop - I liked this one so much I ripped it off for a client.

lefty

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two-part video on the design of the Nikon F. The 2nd part really gets into the design:

Nikon F3 and later were also designed by Giugiaro, but the original F already had design as a fundamental part of its DNA.

--ANdre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads