• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Design work I wish I'd done

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very cool spot.

In the future all advertising will be cat videos:

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haven't they solved the cut off video yet?

lefty

Last edited:

smART

Reaction score

We need a type/graphic design/video thread. First up, a ridiculously cute toy/pen holder and a great video promo. More about Chums here. The new cover for a Joy Division/New Order compilation. This design approach may be played out and more NO than JD but it appeals to me as it jumps off the page. Designed by Peter Saville and and Howard Wakefield.
total_cover_cr_1.jpg
total_back_inlay_cr_1.jpg
The total TOTAL:
5a08e5d4f9ff4662596f34fd3bff2770small_0.png
An old infographic:
average-lifespan-of-animals-13439-1306207039-20.jpg
To commemorate designer Tobias Wong, who committed suicide last year, his friend Frederick McSwain composed a portrait of Wong using 13,138 die—one for each day of Wong’s life.
1.jpg
4.jpg
Nice touch at the end of the video. Delightful video for Mango to celebrate their 2M likes on FB. There seems to be little to no post work here other than some rig removal. Nice to see handmade work. lefty
this is brilliant. haven't seen this before. thanks for sharing. from my knowledge - via NYT - tobias wong had a sleeping disorder, and would do things in his sleep he couldn't remember. the nyt said that he and his partner had gone to the farmers market that day, and had been making plans for the future. so, it wasn't an intentional suicide. but, i don't always believe what i read. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/27/fashion/27Wong.html?pagewanted=all i love how subversive his work was. i love how he manipulated mass consumerism via the works of some of most well known artists such as philippe starck and karim rashid. more info: http://www.thememagazine.com/stories/tobias-wong/ his tattoo also has an amazing story: tobias wong approached conceptual artist jenny holzer at a show and asked her to write 'protect me from what I want' on his forearm, which he then had permanently inked. this statement of "protect me from what i want" was holzer's work, which she displayed in various mediums for the public. my favorite design of wong's was his "coke spoon" - a mcdonalds coffee stirrer that he dipped in gold. brilliant.

justinsmnz

Reaction score
Fantastic use of the print medium:

(If you guys are getting tired of advertising spots, let me know. I keep up with advertising much more than other graphic arts)

Also, this is not great design work, but I wish I'd thought of it because I can't imagine the killing they make on these things during the holidays:

http://mysuitestuff.com/creativesleep.html

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing animation
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was at an animation festival when that was first screened. Brought the house down.

Frederic Back's, The Man Who Planted Trees:

lefty

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm often mesmerized when I look back on

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads