Design work I wish I'd done

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by lefty, May 26, 2011.

1. lefty

lefty Senior member

We need a type/graphic design/video thread. First up, a ridiculously cute toy/pen holder and a great video promo. More about Chums here. The new cover for a Joy Division/New Order compilation. This design approach may be played out and more NO than JD but it appeals to me as it jumps off the page. Designed by Peter Saville and and Howard Wakefield. [​IMG] [​IMG] The total TOTAL: [​IMG] An old infographic: [​IMG] To commemorate designer Tobias Wong, who committed suicide last year, his friend Frederick McSwain composed a portrait of Wong using 13,138 die—one for each day of Wong’s life. [​IMG] [​IMG] Nice touch at the end of the video. Delightful video for Mango to celebrate their 2M likes on FB. There seems to be little to no post work here other than some rig removal. Nice to see handmade work. lefty

2. lefty

lefty Senior member

Mapping God's bloodline.

Typographic movie posters.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Handschrift: a typeface made from photocopied hands

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lefty

3. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

[​IMG]

4. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think the paper clip is one of the most simple yet functional items for what it is.

5. lefty

lefty Senior member

Andy Goldsworthy. Just because.

[​IMG]

Another font - this one created by a car.
    [​IMG]
    Two typographers (Pierre & Damien/plmd.me) and a pro race pilot (Stef van Campenhoudt) collaborated to design a font with a car. The car movements were tracked using a custom software, designed by interactive artist Zachary Lieberman. ( openframeworks.cc )

Dionne Warwick, Walk On By - I wish I was the director who laid out these chairs.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

The ending of Last of the Mohicans. Score, choreography, acting, direction and most importantly, editing; all come together to create a beautifully designed piece of film.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    lefty

6. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

I'm enjoying this thread lefty, thanks for posting.

7. lefty

lefty Senior member

Thanks. Like to see the creatives of SF contribute.

lefty

8. lefty

lefty Senior member

Terance Chang - Long Exposure Air Traffic. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Muto a wall-painted animated video by BLU

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. I was working in an animation studio when someone showed up with this and blew us away.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Depressing as hell as we were doing prelim work on the first Care Bears movie. lefty

9. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I wish I started MUJI.

10. lefty

lefty Senior member

^ Me too.

More animation.

The Take of the Three Brothers from HP and the DH - beautifully designed, and timing, pace and action of the animation is among the best out there. Done by Nexus Productions.

Canadian agency Rethink Communications designed posters using water-soluble ink that, when it rained, bled all over the other wall postings. The advertisements were in support of Notankers.ca's initiative to ban oil tankers from Canada's Pacific North Coast, and are meant to suggest how oil spills affect everyone.

Adidas "True Blue" By Psyop - I liked this one so much I ripped it off for a client.

lefty

11. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

12. venessian

venessian Senior member

13. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

8===}

Timeless

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

love this thread. except for that^

15. A Y

A Y Senior member

Two-part video on the design of the Nikon F. The 2nd part really gets into the design:

Nikon F3 and later were also designed by Giugiaro, but the original F already had design as a fundamental part of its DNA.

--ANdre