1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dermalogica skincare products

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by newyorker, Apr 11, 2005.

1. newyorker

newyorker Senior member

I want to share positive experience using the Derrmalogica range of skincare products. These products are unisex.

I use their:
    1) cleanser
    2) exfoliant
    3) masque
    4) toner
    5) moisturizer

I perform steps 1 to 5 above every morning before heading to the office. In the evening after the day at the office, I cleanse while I shower.

I've been doing this consistently for about a month and last weekend, I was given two compliments by two separate persons on how my face looked healthy and how my face shined. These compliments were given totally unsolicited.

I would highly recommend the Dermalogicac products and I think that the results would be worth the effort if one sticks to a daily regimen above.

They carry a lot of different types of cleansers, etc and one should select the appropriate ones based on one's skin type.

2. YMark

YMark Well-Known Member

Dermalogica makes some great products. I'm glad you're enjoying them. One thing though, I hate having a face that shines. It looks like your face is oily. I prefer a moisterizer that doesn't make your face shine.

3. newyorker

newyorker Senior member

By shine I do not mean -- and I do not think the person who gave me the compliment meant -- that it shone in an oily/greasy way. What I meant by 'shine' was that the skin was very 'bright' and 'vibrant' while still being matte. Does that make sense?

4. YMark

YMark Well-Known Member

That makes sense. Now I'm with you.

5. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Senior member

newyorker, your advice is not very helpful unless you tell us which specific products you recommend. Dermalogica makes about eight cleansers, three exfoliants, five masques, and many moisturizers.

Also, what are you doing for daily sun-protection? I hope that you're not relying on Dermalogica's sunscreens, because almost all of theirs lack UVA-protecting ingredients.

6. unstacy

unstacy New Member

If you need a good pack with SPF, MD Forte makes a great package set that includes a Hydrating cleanser, Rejuvenation Lotion, Advanced Hydrating Complex Gel, and an SPF. I like having it all in one pack. It's worth it for the price and it'll last a long time.

7. newyorker

newyorker Senior member

The specific moisturizer, cleanser and exfoliant that you use must be determined by your skin type, and I cannot advise you on that. I used to go to a place for facials and one of the staff designed a regimen for me and selected the appropriate Dermalogica products for me.

I am using Dermalogicacsheer tint moisture spf15 as my moisturizer and sunscreen.