• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Derbies vs Double Monk Strap?

Reaction score

Hey everyone, I'm new to this website and I just wanted some opinions on these two shoes. I'm going on a cruise in a month so I want to buy a new pair of dress shoes to go with some of my outfits. I like the monk straps but the Derbies aren't so bad either. Just want some opinions of what everyone thinks. Thank you in advance! :D

Last edited:

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Neither of those particular shoes look good. They look cheap and brutish. Generally speaking you will probably get more miles from Bluchers (the 2nd pair are not actually Oxfords) because double monkstraps are somewhat unusual and non traditional. That being said, I have a pair of dub monks myself and enjoy wearing them with casual fits. Go with whatever you like.

Reaction score
Could you recommend a good looking pair of monks?? Please nothing over like 200$. Just spent a load of money on a cruise and excursions. :p

Reaction score
Those double monks are ugly.

Those oxfords aren't oxfords. They're derbies.

Who makes these and what is the price and why do they have such a ridiculous amount of toe spring?
Could you recommend a good looking pair of monks?? ALDO is the brand and the price is 100$

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads