• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deodorant

aaronxxx

Reaction score
i previously used gillette invisible solid, and it was mediocre. i recently switched to degree ultra dry, and it's working great. wish i had picked a different scent, or an unscented one, as the "shower fresh" smell doesn't do it for me.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually just bought a stick of Crystal while I was at the GNC earlier. We'll see how well it works on me, I'm getting very wary of the chemicals we play with everyday....

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Crystal works very well. The only thing that pisses me off is that you have to moisten it before application and the packaging sucks. I ******* drop the thing 10x every morning picking it up cuz the lid doesn't snap shut.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I've been using the Crystal deodarant for a few days now and can say that apparently....it works!

I was very skeptical at first, but it does do a good job of inhibiting the smelly bacteria in your pits. Oh, you still will sweat how you normally do; but you just won't smell. I sweat, I'm cool with that. As long as you don't smell me, I'm fine.

So for the $2 I spent at the GNC to try it out, I think it was worth it. That being said, it's NOT aluminum free. If I remember right, it has Potassium Alum, which contains aluminum. The argument on the net is that since it breaks down to a negatively-charged ion form when absorbed by the skin (which it does easily!), it is not freely absorbed by the cell membranes. Normal deodarant aluminum is absorbed because it breaks down to a positively-charged free aluminum molecule/atom. Believable? Not sure, but I think it's better at least for now...

Fizzmix

Reaction score
Honestly, I have to echo the recommendation for women's dove original scent. I ran out of my Right Guard one day, and my fiancee offered hers.

It doesn't clash with my cologne, and the bit of smell it does have is pretty gender-neutral.

It's also aluminum free, and lasts a long time.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I use L'Occitane BAVX. I live in Vietnam, about the most humid place imaginable, and I am not sweating excessively. Plus that stuff has me smelling so good it is unfair to all the other armpits in the room. Expensive at ~$20 a stick though.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
Well I've been using the Crystal deodarant for a few days now and can say that apparently....it works!

I was very skeptical at first, but it does do a good job of inhibiting the smelly bacteria in your pits. Oh, you still will sweat how you normally do; but you just won't smell. I sweat, I'm cool with that. As long as you don't smell me, I'm fine.

So for the $2 I spent at the GNC to try it out, I think it was worth it. That being said, it's NOT aluminum free. If I remember right, it has Potassium Alum, which contains aluminum. The argument on the net is that since it breaks down to a negatively-charged ion form when absorbed by the skin (which it does easily!), it is not freely absorbed by the cell membranes. Normal deodarant aluminum is absorbed because it breaks down to a positively-charged free aluminum molecule/atom. Believable? Not sure, but I think it's better at least for now...

http://www.thecrystal.com/faq.cfm#Q2

TheAlphaMen

Reaction score
HEY THERE! IT'S ME THE ALPHA!
Looking at the mirror. You're back at it again with that perfect hair bouncing left and right with every step you ,THE ALPHA, take. You ,swagster, are wearing your new parliament blue jacket while with an elegantly flashy tone, showcasing your dark blue glasses that match your jacket just for the fun of it. With the black jeans your bae,who by the way has a surprising level of understanding of men fashion, has recenlty bought for you, you will for sure lock your girl's doors of loyalty foreva! However, as long as you keep those shiny white yeezys going right below your jeans, you will catch some 'mount of attention , juuuust in case!(I'm just saying). Then, you realise something's missing. You realise you're not ready just yet. You cannot feel the every single oxygen particle that circles around your body catch fire. The swag is in danger!!! The scent of THE ALPHA MAN, that's what you are lacking. But don't worry ma' bruh I got your back.
cheers.gif

Fashion and visual aesthetic feel in general is an outcome of three major senses (hearing and tasting are excluded for obvious reasons) of human beings and the processing of the brain. Therefore, every single aspect about the men's fashion is made clear or at least is being discussed based on people's decisive senses. Eyes, understandably take the leading role for the fashion compartment since so many different fashion criteria(from colors to cuts) are expected to appeal to the visual evaluation. Also, even though the touch is more about the person who is carrying the clothing itself, it is a pretty important segment of fashion simply because someone who isn't comfortable carrying that clothing doesn't come near to looking cool and in the end that person becomes a primitive creature that is holding a piece of fabric on top of their body. When it comes to the unwanted MAN of fashion sense ,the smell, everything starts to get a little confusing. We have always neglected the effect of that smell that ,in the first place, bonded you to the girl sitting next to you in the movie theatre. If you,my bro, lie to me right now about how important that brainwashing effect of quality WOMAN scent, you would let me down biiiiig time! So if you pulled yourself together, let's get down to the business.

In my opinion, you better look for ways to use the powerful effect of manly scent in your favor. If you have a faith in your dude that you have been following for fashion advices for a long time, my advice for you to optimise your smelling effect would be to you THE ALPHA MAN GOLD. The product is out there for about 3 months, and based on my 2 month experience with the product I feel the utmost confidence to ensure you that the deodorant is problem free, and full with innovative advantages. There is absolutely no itchy feeling that you probably got lots of time when you were using those old-fashioned deodorants, no harmful chemical is used, and also it doesn't block your sweat glands completely just to allow your body to carry out its detoxification. As far as the advantages go, an adequate amount of decrease in sweating, fresh feeling with the vital minted content and obviously the dazzling smell that will leave no female further than 5 meters to you.
fing02[1].gif
In a nutshell, the product has everything that you could wish for. Just be careful how much you unleash THE ALPHA MEN, excess amount might be dangerous for both those who are around you and your-alpha-self!

As we always do, today we covered the smell issue. I hope I could make you aware of the importance of how good you smell and also offer a quality option for you to take full advantage of fashion's unwanted MAN "smelling" appeal. So now, you have the perfect option to fulfill your fashion sense to the fullest and your outfit for today's night has been made much more expressional with THE ALPHA MEN. Let's make them catch fire!

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now I want to go crush some puss.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads