• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Deodorant melted onto my boots; please help

Diversification

Reaction score
So, let's just get this out of the way; I'm an idiot. Earlier this summer I tossed my J. Crew Kenton Pacer boots into a bag along with a stick of deodorant, and left the bag in my trunk. Predictably, the sun did its thing and next thing you know I was pulling out some deodorant-conditioned boots. The good news is it was antiperspirant, so my boots should be sweat-free for the foreseeable future :brick:

I assume I'll need to 'strip' these with some sort of aggressive cleaner and then recondition them accordingly, but I'm not sure which products to use. I don't really have any cobblers too close that could look at them, and shipping them away seems like it'll get overly spendy for $120 boots.

What would you guys suggest I use to get the deodorant out and then restore them to their pre-trunk form?

Diversification

Reaction score
Figured that might be the way to go. I've never used a product that aggressive, so I'm not exactly sure how to go about returning them to the proper form after stripping. I assume it's gonna be a bit more than the normal old Lexol conditioner. Any particular products you'd recommend at that point?

Diversification

Reaction score
Also just read that there are two distinct lines of Saphir. Any guidance on which line to pick?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Saphir conditioner afterwards and then renovateur. The saphir medaille d'or is by far the best, but for lower end leathers, I was advised to use the default line.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's