• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deodorant/Anti-Perspirant help

thejuice

Reaction score
Alright guys I recently have been on style forum and started to slimdown my silhoutte and go for a more fitted shirts. But the problem is sweating. I sweat under my armpits, thats the only place and it leaves my shirts kind of soaked. I do wear a wifebeater undershirt but that is of no help.

I have tried Realm deodrant in the past with no help just made my sweat smell good.

Now I am trying the gillette clinical strength anti-prespirant and it has been a so so response. What do you guys use/recommend for those with excessive sweat??

P.S. I also trim my armpit hairs and that helps definitely but I still sweat excessively in that area?!?!?

Reaction score
any antiperspirant has always worked for me.

Instead of a wifebeater, try a crew tshiry (thin white cotton tee) underneath.

I can spend an hour lifting in the gum and the only visible sweat on my shirt is the neck area, where it is in firect contact with the skin.

I swear by em.

bure

Reaction score
I just bought Mitchum due to recommendations here and so far so good.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a serious problem that can't be helped by wearing a regular t-shirt and using various deodorants then go see a dermatologist.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mitchum plus crew-neck or v-neck tee. Wifebeaters make no sense since they don't cover your armpits (duh). Mitchum has the added benefit of not really smelling like anything, and thus you can smell like your cologne and not a strange melange of various scents.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like a product called Odaban. Once a week and I don't sweat from my underarms.

BYucko

Reaction score
I don't know the extent of trimming the armpit hairs helping to reduce sweat.

If a regular anti-perspirant isn't working for you, then you need to apply it more generously. Or like someone else said, see a dematologist.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
Mitchum plus crew-neck or v-neck tee. Wifebeaters make no sense since they don't cover your armpits (duh). Mitchum has the added benefit of not really smelling like anything, and thus you can smell like your cologne and not a strange melange of various scents.
+1

thejuice

Reaction score
Which mitchum do you guys use smart&solid/roll-on/clear gel/solid or sensitive skin???

Thanks

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I used to use various Mitchum formulas, but stopped when I got a rash from one.

I now use the Arm&Hammer stick. Works fairly well, with quite benign effects on shirts. Next to no annoying scent.

bure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thejuice
Which mitchum do you guys use smart&solid/roll-on/clear gel/solid or sensitive skin???

Thanks

mitchum smart solid. though after the gym one time my underarm was wet. maybe i didn't put on enough at the time... will test again.

schizophoniks

Reaction score
If the deodorants don't really help or if the Aluminium chloride or clorhydrate irritate your skin too much you should try Botox injections, that leaves you armpits dry for 4-6 months.

madison avenue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by schizophoniks
If the deodorants don't really help or if the Aluminium chloride or clorhydrate irritate your skin too much you should try Botox injections, that leaves you armpits dry for 4-6 months.

I heard it is very dangerous

atomicranch

Reaction score
I switched to the Adidas Cottentech deodorant - it has no aluminum chloride and doesn't stain your clothes. I've read that some have a bad reaction to it, but it's worked like a charm for me.

May not help the OP, as it's no more effective as an antiperspirant than your typical aluminum-chloride based deodorant, but the fact that it doesn't stain your clothes makes it a huge winner for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads