• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim with grey tone

Empire

Reaction score
I only know of the nudie greycasts. Does anyone else know of raw denim with grey tones in. I'm trying to match up some black sneaks and they dont seem to go with any of my jeans

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Empire
I only know of the nudie greycasts. Does anyone else know of raw denim with grey tones in. I'm trying to match up some black sneaks and they dont seem to go with any of my jeans
Studio D'Artisan SD-D1002. Got these from BIG - the fit is amazing, the denim is really nice (the grey weft gives in the dark cast), and the construction is very nice. Not as good as the 5EP, imho, but very good. There are plenty of other alternatives right now, but I am drawing a blank.

Empire

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Studio D'Artisan SD-D1002. Got these from BIG - the fit is amazing, the denim is really nice (the grey weft gives in the dark cast), and the construction is very nice. Not as good as the 5EP, imho, but very good. There are plenty of other alternatives right now, but I am drawing a blank.

Like the sound of them La Guy. A slight bootcut like the 5ep by the sounds of it ? Seems like we have similar taste in denim fit wise. Please feel free to post a pic of you wearing these

ruach

Reaction score
Nom de Guerre has light grey selvage and raw dark grey jeans which both look amazing. We just got them yesterday at Blackbird in the classic fit. They may also exist other places in the narrow fit.. not quite sure. Here's a picture: http://www.ihurtnow.com/tyler/newjeans.jpg

in progress

Reaction score
are those light grey selvage raw? it doesn't seem like it.

and the dark grey raw... washes to the light grey color?

the light grey reminds me of bleached black apc's

ddohnggo

Reaction score
polyrock is selling some awesome ndg grey jeans for a good price. hit him up.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Empire
Like the sound of them La Guy. A slight bootcut like the 5ep by the sounds of it ? Seems like we have similar taste in denim fit wise. Please feel free to post a pic of you wearing these

Yes, a slight bootcut. Considerably slimmer than the 5EP of the same size. Lower rise (I would say that it is a mid-low rise at ~10.7"). There is a picture of me wearing them (not a great pic though, doesn't really show the fit) with a Kelly green Spruce hoodie is the "What am I wearing..." thread.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nom de guerre.

check my sig for more pics

yeah, as far as quality goes, i'd say nom de guerre **** is tops compared to 5ep. very high quality everything and the fits are on point. as much japanese fit as typical americans can deal with...

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Yes, a slight bootcut. Considerably slimmer than the 5EP of the same size. Lower rise (I would say that it is a mid-low rise at ~10.7"). There is a picture of me wearing them (not a great pic though, doesn't really show the fit) with a Kelly green Spruce hoodie is the "What am I wearing..." thread.
fok, how are those SDAs sized? I think you're about the same build as I am, and I've been looking for a pair of bootcut jeans. My 'true' waist size is 30, but the measurements for a 30 on BiG's site seem to show that they run large, and IIRC they aren't shrink-to-fit..? Also you said you preferred the 5EPs, why is that? I'm still looking (admittedly, not very hard) for a pair of resin washes in size 29.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
fok, how are those SDAs sized? I think you're about the same build as I am, and I've been looking for a pair of bootcut jeans.

My 'true' waist size is 30, but the measurements for a 30 on BiG's site seem to show that they run large, and IIRC they aren't shrink-to-fit..?

Also you said you preferred the 5EPs, why is that? I'm still looking (admittedly, not very hard) for a pair of resin washes in size 29.

They are shrink to fit. However, they stretch back out pretty fast. They are low-mid rise, (10.7" or so fron rise), so they actually sit on the hips. Mine are slightly loose after some wear at the waist, but the legs are pretty slim.

I prefer the cut of th SDAs, but the color of the 5EP denim is much more interesting, the construction and trims are clearly superior.

Ott

Reaction score
thanks. I'm a bit torn between the two, leaning towards 5EP right now and hoping for some ridiculous year-end sales
blush.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
thanks. I'm a bit torn between the two, leaning towards 5EP right now and hoping for some ridiculous year-end sales
blush.gif

He ya go:
dmaf9.jpg
If anybody going there, can you pick something up for me?

Ott

Reaction score
ditto, anyone want to pick me up something?
inlove.gif

Dexstar

Reaction score
greycasts arent actually gray
its more of a greenish cast...
im prolly stating the obvious :p

but i think i saw some gray (or faded black) jeans at H&M

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench