• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim + that muffin top....

bencho

Reaction score
So as far as responses go, I basically got what I was expecting. Yes i know its gross. That's why I'm asking for advice. I do lift weights. I'm fine with everything else except for my midsection. Shirt on, no one would ever expect this monstrosity. Sizing up is merely avoiding the problem. I don't avoid problems. I do my best to resolve them. That IS the worst post here. I don't mind having to buy another pair of jeans if I lose enough weight to make my denim fit improperly. It's just money and I'd gladly pay it if it means I'm producing results for myself.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
http://www.bigguts.com/forum/

dude, seriously - wtfo
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
lol8[1].gif

cracking up over here.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bencho
So as far as responses go, I basically got what I was expecting.

Yes i know its gross. That's why I'm asking for advice.

I do lift weights. I'm fine with everything else except for my midsection. Shirt on, no one would ever expect this monstrosity.

Sizing up is merely avoiding the problem. I don't avoid problems. I do my best to resolve them. That IS the worst post here.

I don't mind having to buy another pair of jeans if I lose enough weight to make my denim fit improperly. It's just money and I'd gladly pay it if it means I'm producing results for myself.

Here's my advice:

1. Put a shirt on
2. eat less
3. exercise more

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bencho
So as far as responses go, I basically got what I was expecting. Yes i know its gross. That's why I'm asking for advice. I do lift weights. I'm fine with everything else except for my midsection. Shirt on, no one would ever expect this monstrosity. Sizing up is merely avoiding the problem. I don't avoid problems. I do my best to resolve them. That IS the worst post here. I don't mind having to buy another pair of jeans if I lose enough weight to make my denim fit improperly. It's just money and I'd gladly pay it if it means I'm producing results for myself.
no the first post in this thread (you) is the worst post wear your proper size, lose weight, then buy a smaller size. what the **** are you, your mom and you're 10 and she wants your jeans to be able to last you until you're in high school except in reverse and gross I'm all for super skinny fits and sizing down and ****, but I'm skinny enough to do it. you're not so don't it just looks marsupialed you have 2 problems 1) jeans too small 2) fat buy normal sized jeans and you're solving one problem, and you're already working on the second one, don't create a problem in the process of "solving" the others, how does wearing jeans too small help you get skinnier it doesn't stop being dumb if you're trying to look bad for motivation then you're doing a great job and you know what you're getting yourself into, don't bother us with your gross pictures, ask about losing weight not about your sick muffin top

bencho

Reaction score
wear your proper size, lose weight, then buy a smaller size.

I got sized at BiG. This is my first pair. I don't know what my "proper" size is. I took their advice.

what the **** are you, your mom and you're 10 and she wants your jeans to be able to last you until you're in high school except in reverse and gross

what the **** english is this?

ask about losing weight not about your sick muffin top

That's what I'm doing, fool.

****, people are so hostile. My bad I'm not skinny or built like a clothing model Listi. If people don't see what's wrong with themselves or want to be better, they don't put effort into improving themselves. I didn't pick skinny denim on purpose to motivate myself. I already got them and realized I don't like the way I look in them now.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude didn't look that bad. With OP standing up in a properly-fitting shirt, his paunch wouldn't be too visible at all. Just keep losing weight. If you feel that your jean fit is nasty (which it is, a bit), then get some properly fitting 501's and wear them until you've lost the weight. That should help motivate you.

mathwk

Reaction score
hahaha **** is too funny because i know the OP and he doesn't look the least bit overweight.

Monaco

Reaction score
muffin top is disgusting, just hide it with a larger shirt for the time being, until you lose the rest of it.

aleeboy

Reaction score
Muffin tops on guys... I've heard it all now.

I would like to continue further on why a man is wearing jeans in a cut and size he has no business with, but your vain, so it won't help.

losing weight is easy.

Eat less and exercise more. There I said it. Here's a simple logi to follow:

Calories consumed < Calories burned (both resting metabolic rate and food)

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing the OP has to understand is that SF is 99.9% underwear models that know 8 different styles of martial arts and to get to 1000 posts teaching Chuck Norris how to polish a turd is a prerequisite.

Good job trying for a healthier lifestyle! Meanwhile, don't try to squeeze into anything. You can still have slim fits without having to cut off your circulation.

dragonxking

Reaction score
no matter how fit you are, if your jeans are too tight, you will have a muffin top

bencho

Reaction score
One thing the OP has to understand is that SF is 99.9% underwear models

Oh rly... I guess that explains quite a bit. Trying for that healthier lifestyle.... but it's hard to kick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads