• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim that fits like A.P.C. rescues???

apwrxmd

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any brands that sell jeans that fit like the Rescues from A.P.C? I really like the fit of these and want to add some type of variety to my wardrobe. I don't want to have a bunch of Rescues so just wanted to see what other brands fit similar to these.
Nothing too expensive either preferably under 200

Thanks in advance

AlexDeLarge

Reaction score
Maybe nudie regular ralph, although its hard to compare the rescues are very unique IMO. Or if you want something REALLY low on the pay grade check out these good society Straight Fit Jeans for $55 (non selvedge btw) http://nextluxury.com/press/23/good-...-fit-jeans-55/ "The Good Society Straight fits very similar to the APC Rescue. This is a brilliant fit." but I would take quote that with a bolder of salt as good society in NO way = APC. but with your price range it rules out many of the upper end raw selvedge brands (samurai, PBJ, sugar cane, studio d'art, flathead, ironheart, imperial, 5ep, etc.) so your options are a bit limited

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the rescues seem to be cut similar to nudie's straight sven, but good luck finding a dry pair under $200.

I believe if you buy them off selfedge and use the 'styleforumnudies' discount code, you can get 25% off a pair of $275 dry selvage straight svens, which puts them pretty close to your price range.

BOF

Reaction score
I think that Nudie's Average Joe cut would be fairly similar. There are plenty of straight-leg jeans out there, so I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult to come across something.

apwrxmd

Reaction score
Since the price range limits the choices by soo much, if anyone know any other "higher quality" denim that fits like the rescues I'm open to those as well

Thanks for all the replies so far though

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try on a pair of Levi's 514s. They've even got them in raw now, I hear. :p
(I'll be headed to the mall sometime this week to see if they still have any to try on)

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlexDeLarge
Maybe nudie regular ralph

No.

Originally Posted by robertorex
the rescues seem to be cut similar to nudie's straight sven

Yes.

but good luck finding a dry pair under $200.
No problem: Cultizm. They're discontinued so they're cheap.

Originally Posted by BOF
I think that Nudie's Average Joe cut would be fairly similar

Absolutely not.

apw, if you want some on the cheap, check out Farinelli's measurement guide. You'll see 3 jeans there in particular that are cut similar to Rescues and they'll be 50% off during the sale: RB11, 5EP LDB, and KMW 2010.

I have no experience with these jeans but going by the measurements they are very similar to Rescues (which I own three of).

Edit: I am wrong: the 5EP are nothing like Rescues, but the Svens, RB11, and KMW 2010 most definitely are.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the KMW 2010, the leg opening on those seems to get ginormous on the larger sizes. Wouldn't the 1950 be closer?

I know for sure that the rescue is not a joe, because on the average joes the taper is pretty severe to get that "carrot" fit. Some people like it, but the rescues definitely don't do that

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a trade off: KMW 2010 gives more of the Rescue thigh, while 1950 gives more of the leg opening and front rise.

Either one will do, to be honest. And since Farinelli's MIGHT still have them for like $160 shipped, if he wants one he should act on it soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads