• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Suggestions: My Next Pair

GWHiZiTSPHiL

Reaction score
Alright denim heads, I need your help. I'm still kinda new to this denim game and I started out with some Nudie Slim Jims, Levis 514 & 501 raw and BDG one-wash. My Jims are about 4 months old now but I'm already thinking about some other jeans that are interesting me for a decent price range.

At first I thought about APC because everyone seems to be raving about it, especially for the price of $140. Then I heard about Ande Whall and the stuff he does and how everyone likes that even more. I think I was sold on Ande Whall but then I see Iron Army jeans. Those of course are more expensive but I really like the way it's constructed and the stitching.

So here are my questions:

1) What can you tell me about Iron Army in terms of construction, quality, and fits?
2) I'm looking for the under $200 price range (aiming for around $150 though). Any recommendations?

I like the fit of Slim Jims, but I want something that doesn't hug my legs as much and is probably more high rise. A mix between a regular ralf and a slim jim?

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy some Ande Whall Cougars, and then post some good pics for the rest of us (I'm not complaining about drizz's pics, but a little variety - including some side shots - is always good).

Seriously, Ande is the real deal, and a bit cheaper than Iron Army; of course, it's the stitching on the latter that turns me off, and if you dig it I'd say give 'em a closer look. You can call Kiya at Self Edge in SF, or Sam (I think?) at Context in Madison. I've yet to here anything bad about Iron Army, although I don't know if any of the regulars on here have them - you'll see them on SuFu from time to time.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Buy some Ande Whall Cougars, and then post some good pics for the rest of us (I'm not complaining about drizz's pics, but a little variety - including some side shots - is always good).

Mine are due next weekish. Also, drizzt is a little more built than most of us here, so I'll be providing some size variety.

Joshua s

Reaction score
I'll try to post some shots as well. I'm expecting my Cougars like, right now. They were shipped Sunday before last, (my time. It was Monday his time I think. Dunno, time-shifts confuse me.) so I'm hoping they'll be waiting for me at home today or any day now.....

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Iron army is a good jean and they are doing some things that are a little different.
YOu should try KMW.

GWHiZiTSPHiL

Reaction score
so i guess im stuck between iron army and ande whall? i've been hearing really great things about ande whall. iron army is still kind of a mystery to me but judging by the model pics i like the fits of them and i kind of like jeans that are kinda loud but not really. at least have some personality to them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads