1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

    There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.


    Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Denim seam terminology

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kolecho, Jul 5, 2006.

  1. kolecho

    kolecho Senior member

    Nov 15, 2004
    What do you call the seam at the hem of jeans? It looks like a hammered finish. If I were to shorten the legs, can the finish be done on the new seam?
  2. Spencer Young

    Spencer Young Senior member

    Feb 26, 2005
    I believe you can ask your tailor to save the original hem/bottom when they're shortening jeans. As for what it's called, no idea.
  3. denimdestroyedmylife

    denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

    Mar 20, 2006
    it's just a flat-felled seam that is chainstitched, no??? if you just have it chainstitched after surgery, the roping effect should return after a wash...

    the 45rpm store in NYC have union-specials, i do believe.

    resist the frankenhem (aka california, aka original) if at all possible.

    better yet, cuff or stack.

Share This Page

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by