• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Denim repairs?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing my KMW 1980s for a year and a half straight now, and they've developed a bunch of little holes and two largish ones and the inside thighs. Really clean repairs are beyond my sewing ability, so I need help.

I emailed Imogene & Willie about repairs, but apparently they recently started only doing repairs to their own stuff, so that's out. I called Denim Doctors, and they want 30-50 per hole, which is... not cheap. At that rate, I could probably throw them out and buy a new pair for the same money. I might end up going with them anyway if I don't have a choice, but any recommendations for shops that do good work?

Curious_George

Reaction score
If you're in the NY or SF area I believe Selfedge does repairs for about $40.

puddin

Reaction score
I sent a pair in to denim therapy yesterday to have a hole repaired. Online reviews were mixed, but it seemed like it would be the cheapest place online. I'll report back in a few weeks when I get them back.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
If you're in the NY or SF area I believe Selfedge does repairs for about $40.
Ugh. I wish they took mail in orders. I'm two hours away from SENY. Maybe I should just wait until I can go there, but I have no idea when that'll be.

RRL_Supplier

Reaction score
Denim Dr's I had several pairs done by them. Great quality work if you dont mind waiting about 2 weeks. Should be getting a pair tomm they just did.

puddin

Reaction score
btw, if you've got a bunch of holes that you're planning on fixing, any denim-specific tailor is gonna charge a lot. if you need it done cheaply, just take them to your local tailor, i'm sure they'll do a fine job for a lot less.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's