• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Repair in Toronto?

Jaredg

Reaction score
I have a couple pairs of raw denim where I am slowly working my way to busting the crotch. Anyone have recommendations for places in Toronto that do repair or preventative maintenance?

Thanks!

Gavin

Reaction score
Studio Kim at King W and Tecumseth.

mrcmcklwht

Reaction score
Not what you asked, but, do you know anybody with a sowing machine? I would do it myself/ask a friend, it takes like 3 minutes to fix...

Gmas

Reaction score

Studio Kim at King W and Tecumseth.

Second recommendation for Studio Kim - have taken multiple pairs there for crotch blowouts and they do a great job mending and/or reinforcing the area.

Jaredg

Reaction score
Kim's got thrown under the bus on yelp but I trust you guys! Any suggestions for pants that are on the verge of a blowout?

Gmas

Reaction score

Kim's got thrown under the bus on yelp but I trust you guys! Any suggestions for pants that are on the verge of a blowout?

Yeah I'm always wary too if I see enough neg reviews on Yelp, but I've learned to take reviews on there with a grain of salt as well. I've taken at least 3 pairs there now for crotch repairs and have always been happy.....no follow-up repairs needed on any. I know the guys from Nomad speak very highly of them as well.

dgonsh

Reaction score
Studio Kim does great work. Never had repairs done. But Kim has saved many a pair of pants from not fitting how I'd like. She's not the cheapest in the city, but I think it's worth it. She's one of the few tailors I've gone to who get why I'd want to protect the selvedge edge in tapering.

Gavin

Reaction score

Kim's got thrown under the bus on yelp but I trust you guys!

I work for United Stock Dry Goods and my office is behind Sydney's. We recommend Kim's to all of our clients.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads