1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

denim recommendation?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Renault78law, Apr 21, 2005.

1. hubbabubba

hubbabubba New Member

are there any other straight-leg/large cut jeans that folks would recommend? I ordered a pair of 36 APC anglaise jeans online 3 months ago, but they were sold out and still have not restocked. any other jeans you would recommend? looking for a nice unwashed solid selvege pair that I can break in from start to finish.

I'm 6'4, 210. usually I sport a '38 for added leg and ass room.

gracias.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Get a pair of Corpus Fine jeans, a full size up from what you are used to. They tend to size small at the waist, although they stretch out significantly. Stevenalan.com carries them. So does Stel's. I think Stel's carries larger sizes, and I can ask them to do measurements and have them shipped to you if you need.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

There's also the Rescue which replaced the Anglaise, if Corpus isn't in your budget.

4. LA Guy

Actually, given your height, the Rescue might be a better bet. The Corpus "long" has an inseam about 34", probably too short for you. The Rescue inseam is a 35", at least.

5. hubbabubba

hubbabubba New Member

this will probably be the last comment I make before labelled pariah but...

what if I like my jeans baggy? <onset of shame> my favorite cut in jeans and trousers is the superwide straight down leg, which I believe is sometimes called 'drainpipe' leg. is that correct? I bought a pair of WE jeans that were cut perfectly, but are far from selvedge.

6. LA Guy

The G-Star Low loose would probably work for you. Not my favorite brand by far; but the cut would probably work for you, and some of the washes are decent. Also try the Diesel Yokees.

7. Geowu

Geowu Senior member

There's a new Diesel called PIKE it's like a drainpipe LOOSE style...

Also their wash n. 81W is a vegetable dyed indigo seems cool, available for yokees

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Hehe reading through this post is kinda amusing given the current SF view on denim [​IMG]