Denim Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by xcoldricex, May 21, 2006.

1. gza

gza Senior member

Yeah, that nudie jacket pic is closer to the fit I tend to prefer on a denim jacket. I made an exception with this one because it was an interesting find and didn't think the mc hammer arms were quite so obvious [​IMG]

If you can put up with it and keep wearing this one, though, you could have honeycombs from your armpit to your wrist!

2. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

so generally, people wear different color, different fit or different level of distressed jackets with their jeans. are there any rules of thumb to go by? (ie. darker jeans than jacket, slimmer jacket than jeans, etc.) the jacket i was looking into is a nonnative jacket - www.nonnative.com in the ss06 line. after you click on one of the guys it's on the bottom row of the right side, j9009b it looks a lot better unbuttoned from what i remember. or i could just have a case of remembering an item much nicer than it actually was because i didn't buy it.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Denim jacket is a must have. I have no problem wearing denim on denim, as Mr Cochran in RnRswitch's pic nicely illustrates.

Today I was rockin the Nudie dry connie with some slim flecked light grey trousers and got several nice compliments on the jacket at S Coast Plaza

Also in rotation is a Levis 506xx, Diesel super slim dry denim jacket, Lucky Brand "vintage" (Lee repro)

Dont care for denim blazers tho.

4. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

I have a denim jacket from American Eagle. It's destroyed a little too much for my tastes, but it's a good coat for when it breezey out. Tomorrow I'll post a picture.

5. minya

minya Senior member

I never get compliments on anything I wear. Maybe I really have no fashion sense at all.

6. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

if you look anything like your avatar, i understand why. [​IMG]

7. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

I'll try some better pic one day:

[​IMG]

!luc

8. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

ive posted this before, but i love this jacket. vintage big yank made from selvage left hand twill denim.
    [​IMG]

9. someoneNew

someoneNew Senior member

Marlboro Man [​IMG] leave it to a sibling to drop that type of bomb hehe.

I'd actually love to have a sweet dirty fitted jean jacket, but since I wear jeans 99% of the time I wouldn't know when to wear it since I wouldn't wear denim on top and bottom at the same time.

10. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

I never get compliments on anything I wear. Maybe I really have no fashion sense at all.

That's probably because you don't hang out in cool places with cool people... That's probably why I don't get any compliments either. Then again, it is hard to see the wicked hot fading on my jeans when i am passed out in the gutter.

11. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Compliments almost always come when I'm wearing something unusual. That's what people recognize. I've had lots of compliments on my Nudies and R&Bs, presumably because of the fit.

Not getting compliments can generally be one of two things:
    1) Your clothes are subtle and don't stand out (a good thing)
    2) You look shitty (bad thing)

12. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

3) You look like you know you look cool and it intimidates people (good/bad)

13. cv22

cv22 New Member

I do believe demin jackets have there place in the wardrobe when wore correctly

anyone know what type of diesel's those are and where i can pick up a nudie jean jacket?

14. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

15. digital_denim

digital_denim Big Lose

I do believe demin jackets have there place in the wardrobe when wore correctly

anyone know what type of diesel's those are and where i can pick up a nudie jean jacket?

I'm selling a conny jacket hardly worn for 100 bucks shipped in the US. Size Large fits like a slim medium. PM me.