• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim in Boston?

Smokey

Reaction score
I've recently moved back to the Boston area. Any recs for Denim. I know the new Barney's, and Louis.

Any other thoughts on store in the Boston area would be great.

Thanks

nastyandy

Reaction score
I can't recall specific stores, but along Newbury St. in Bostson, there are a bunch of shoppes, designer boutiques, and a few independant boutiques. . .you should be able to find something.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stel'l and Alan Bilzerian are the two places I recommend. It's been a while since I was home.

As LAGuy, he's in tune w/ the Boston scene.

joey_formal

Reaction score
the tannery carrys some good lines if i remember correctly

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joey_formal
the tannery carrys some good lines if i remember correctly

All I've seen there are conventional denim, i.e. seven, diesel, AG, citizens, etc.,. Nothing a denimhead would want.

joey_formal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
All I've seen there are conventional denim, i.e. seven, diesel, AG, citizens, etc.,. Nothing a denimhead would want.
i havent been in a long while so i wasnt completely sure. i did hear there was a new spot up there that was pretty good i do not know anything about it though

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stels: APC, Acne, Nom de Guerre.
Alan Bilzerian: Gilded Age, Drkshw, Belstaff Black Prince - Alan has a great eye, but is not really into denim, and it shows. His denim is not nearly on par with the other stuff he has
National Jeans Company, the Tannery/Concepts, Jasmine Sola, (Newbury Street), Modo Gato: lots of mainstream stuff - True Religion, Seven, Hudson, etc... may as well go online for better deals. Earnest Sewn is the best you see there.
Jean Therapy - better than the above, but nothing to write home about.
Riccardi has lots of Euro brands, Dolce Gabbana and Notify, for example, and lots of Evisu, in addition to Nudie.
Barneys has the usual Barneys lineup, which is decent (APC, Nudies, Corpus, Crate, Acne, Earnest Sewn, etc...)
Louis has Rag & Bone and Yen, oh, and Spurr this year.

Personally, except for emergency APCs that I pick up at Stels, or super duper sales ($30 for Denime and SBU?) at Filene's Basement occasionally, I hardly ever buy locally. Most of my jeans are purchased in NYC, online for brands I am intimately familiar with, or on my occasional trips to LA. I would say that Barneys and Stels are your best bets... I didn't even bother mentioning Saks and Neiman's because their selections are just plain sad...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
uh oh look at your post count

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics