• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim in Australia

rhythm bandit

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone on the forum can point me in the right direction any of up and coming labels -that are not sold in Australia- that you feel would be srong enough for the Australian market. I have a big interest in denim brands but i am also interested in other brands that aren't into denim. Pease message me or reply to this thread with any details. Cheers

kwiteaboy

Reaction score

Wade M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwiteaboy
How about Imperial, which are made in Australia? www.imperial.st
I'd love to see Imperial in Australia (I live in Sydney). I'd also LOVE to see APC and True Religion in Sydney. I think they have enough exposure to go well....Studio d'Artisan would also be nice
smile.gif
Side question/topic, where in Syd do you guys get all your denim from???? (Long time reader, first time poster) --WadeM

swooc

Reaction score
Theres a imperial and nudie store in sydney (i think both are located somewhere near oxford st)

For True Religions, Evisu, Edwins, LVC i think sp1 in the city has them. Be prepared to spend a minimum of $300 though :p.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The nudie store in sydney is on william street, which runs off oxford. You can also get them at david jones.

swooc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
The nudie store in sydney is on william street, which runs off oxford. You can also get them at david jones.

is the selection at the nudie store in sydney good? as in wide range of sizes etc?
I want to go take a look but i live like a hour away :/

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the japanese denim brand, name is something like Iron Army, with a .uk I think website? I think I have been reading this brand and Iron Army interchangeably.

Kimball

Reaction score
Guys, what pricerange are nudiejeans in down there?

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by swooc
is the selection at the nudie store in sydney good? as in wide range of sizes etc?
I want to go take a look but i live like a hour away :/

I haven't been in there in a while, from memory it was ok, decent range of styles and sizes. After all, it is the only 'nudie' store in Sydney, so you would expect them to have a decent range.

It's a pain to get to if you don't have a car, and if you do have a car it's a pain to find parking. Much easier to get to David Jones Elizabeth st, though their selection isn't anywhere near as comprehensive.

Originally Posted by Kimball

2 years ago, a pair of RR USed De Luxe cost me $315 AU, and a slim jim worn used (or something) cost me $325. I think the dry pairs are a little less, with the exception of RR Dry Selvedge.

phaedrus

Reaction score

Nudie Thin finn/kims are around $215.

swooc

Reaction score
yeah driving there for me is already hard enough....hope i will be able to find some parking tommorrow.

from what ive heard, the RRDS are $350.

Kimball

Reaction score
Oh crap, guess I wont bother bringing some of those then.. any other "Swedish" clothes Australians might be interested in? Could use some extra cash for my backpackintrip
tongue.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh crap, guess I wont bother bringing some of those then.. any other "Swedish" clothes Australians might be interested in? Could use some extra cash for my backpackintrip
tongue.gif

I you like that clean, Scandanavian aesthetic, I think that Acne and filippa K are pretty good bets. They are pretty reasonably priced in Sweden, and ridiculously priced in the US, and I suppose, Australia (although I don't really know.) J. Lindebergy is popular too, but I can't really stand that stuff. I dislike Acne jeans, but their clothing is decent. filippa K makes solid clothing as well, but I think that Nudie jeans are far better than those of any of these three other companies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads