1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Denim in Australia

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rhythm bandit, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Wade M

Wade M Senior member

Nudies @ DJ's in the city are about $300 a pair......They didn't get discounted in the sales that are currently on..

Jil Sanders, Miu Miu and Helmut Lang all did, however, drop in price.....

--Wade

2. swooc

swooc Senior member

Nudies @ DJ's in the city are about $300 a pair......They didn't get discounted in the sales that are currently on..

Jil Sanders, Miu Miu and Helmut Lang all did, however, drop in price.....

--Wade

Did you see any regular ralfs dry there?

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Did you see any regular ralfs dry there?

I saw the RR Dry $119. Not the Selvedge though.

Fok.

4. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

I was at the Nudie store in Paddington a few weeks ago. Not sure if this is accurate, but the sales guy told me that it was the only Nudie store in the world. They appeared to carry the full range, and I had to try on about four different sizes before I went for my first RRDS... A$300+. Staff was incredibly helpful, so if you're pondering a visit call ahead to check size availability.

Some interesting news... the guy also mentioned a new style coming out imminently. Don't remember the name as it's supposed to be on the extreme slim side.

5. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Not sure if this is accurate, but the sales guy told me that it was the only Nudie store in the world.
    Considering that there's another Nudie store as close as Melbourne, I think he was probably telling porky pies.

I don't know if they still do it, but when I bought my RRs in Melbourne, the salesguy showed me a pair of his really well-worn jeans (2 years, 2 washes etc.) that he had lying around in the store. I come back a week or so later, and a different salesguy pointed out 'his' jeans - which were, of course, the same pair.

Some interesting news... the guy also mentioned a new style coming out imminently. Don't remember the name as it's supposed to be on the extreme slim side.
    Could be Long John, or Thin Finn if it's not out already.

6. swooc

swooc Senior member

Does anyone in sydney know of a good tailor that does chainstitching for hemming?

7. swooc

swooc Senior member

For those who are interested, i found some ralph lauren selvedge jeans on sale for $120 at DJ in Castle Hill (Sydney). They have pre-shaped whiskas, but the overall colour is still dark blue (sort of like cultpops JRs). I didn't try them on, but they look quite slim.

Was quite suprised to see them there. Don't know if other DJs have them though.

8. Wade M

Wade M Senior member

Miranda didn't; I checked :p Haven't gotten into the city, would be too late now I'd imagine.

Nice find BTW!

--Wade

9. swooc

swooc Senior member

Spotted more selvedge denim in castle hill david jones for anyone whos interested. They are Calvin Kleins, $160 quite cheap imo. Backpockets have stitching similar to the true religion logo. The overall fit is a straight leg hi-rise, looks similar to straight svens. The denim is similar to nudies and apc selvedge denim. The white part of the denim (i think its called the weft im not sure) has a brownish tint.