• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim help from other skinny guys

v1100110

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoPete525
Which model did you order? On the website, it lists lengths 28, 30, and 32 available for the rigid rinse.
Dammit, you're right. When I ordered them a few weeks ago that was the only option though. Promise.

Originally Posted by db_ggmm
One thing that could throw this off is your age. I would say if you are in high school, you should probably max out at APC price range. There is a mind blowing amount of denim out there, so make it easy on yourself and set a budget to stay focused. The Gap's might have been $80 so your budget is almost there already.

Secondly, skinny is cool. You are right. Under BMI / under weight isn't quite so cool. If you are young and aren't already, take advantage of it and stay physically fit. I'm not saying you should become a beast, but simple body weight exercises could provide a 2 year challenge and get you into healthy BMI range. Finding clothes that fit will get easier for the next 60 years.

I'm 26 and I've been this size since 9th grade. Probably not going to gain any weight. Not a big deal.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, you guys have literally no balls.
ffffuuuu.gif

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 1,92 meters tall, just 72 kilos.

I got very nice dark slim jeans from Paul smith read ear, G-star and Hugo boss .

Those are straight, no golden letters on the butt or any d-bag thing.

v1100110

Reaction score
Got the APC NS's in today. Definitely the fit I was looking for. I like them a lot, I'll post a picture up tonight.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im surprised the NS are fitting the way you wanted, My experience is that skinny legs=swimming in New Standards.

Im gonna +1 to the suggestions of Uniqlo T-000s if you want something that will fit slim but not skinny. While they have a tapper to the leg they dont taper nearly as hard or fit as tight in the thigh as a pair of A77 Joeys

BlueWord

Reaction score
Enjoy, but beware, those things are going to stretch like crazy. If they aren't really, really tight right now, they might not be the right size once they stretch out.

Just for reference, I'm 6'1 with a 30 inch waist, and a 27 fits me really well, but it's definitely a different fit stretched than brand new.

Looking over this thread, though, it looks like you'll be fine. Lots of good advice.

v1100110

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Im surprised the NS are fitting the way you wanted, My experience is that skinny legs=swimming in New Standards.

Im gonna +1 to the suggestions of Uniqlo T-000s if you want something that will fit slim but not skinny. While they have a tapper to the leg they dont taper nearly as hard or fit as tight in the thigh as a pair of A77 Joeys

I don't think you guys are going to like the way these fit on me. Everyone here seems to like way more of a taper than I do. I don't want them tight on my calves at all.

Originally Posted by BlueWord
Enjoy, but beware, those things are going to stretch like crazy. If they aren't really, really tight right now, they might not be the right size once they stretch out.

Just for reference, I'm 6'1 with a 30 inch waist, and a 27 fits me really well, but it's definitely a different fit stretched than brand new.

Looking over this thread, though, it looks like you'll be fine. Lots of good advice.

I had read about the stretch and am worried about this. It was a little difficult to get the top button done, so they definitely aren't loose. I guess I should wait for all this stretching to happen before I get them hemmed.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom

You size them down enough they can get pretty tight in the thighs.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
You size them down enough they can get pretty tight in the thighs.

When I bought a pair 4 years ago I sized down 3 and was 15lbs heavier than I am now. They were snug for about a week then exploded, like APCs always do.

v1100110

Reaction score
Not sure what to do with all the extra length yet. I don't want to get them hemmed if the length is going to change, so I guess I have to wait until they are through stretching or whatever. I need to go read up on how to deal with this raw denim business.
20100708-1ksi65pn4dha7f9w6wdwpkk1pa.jpg

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
once the denim loosens up a bit, it will probably look nice stacked. at first they look funky and bunch around the knees, but thats just because its stiff and new.

skinnyman

Reaction score
Did you soak the jeans in water? You want to get rid of any shrinkage first before you can decide what to do about the length. I left mine the original length, but now I wish I had hemmed them a couple of inches. Over time the jeans will get softer, and the stacking will relax a lot and will gather in a bunch at the ankles. It will kinda look like a stack of pancakes
smile.gif
. It's less of a problem with jeans that are even more tapered as the narrower cut helps hold up the stacking a bit more.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
If only there was some sort of device that could make pants shorter.

lol8[1].gif

v1100110

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skinnyman
Did you soak the jeans in water? You want to get rid of any shrinkage first before you can decide what to do about the length. I left mine the original length, but now I wish I had hemmed them a couple of inches. Over time the jeans will get softer, and the stacking will relax a lot and will gather in a bunch at the ankles. It will kinda look like a stack of pancakes
smile.gif
. It's less of a problem with jeans that are even more tapered as the narrower cut helps hold up the stacking a bit more.

No, I wasn't sure if I should soak them this early. I do want to get them hemmed I just didn't know when I would. I kept reading about all the stretching issues and didn't know how negatively it would affect the fit.

mattt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by v1100110
Not sure what to do with all the extra length yet. I don't want to get them hemmed if the length is going to change, so I guess I have to wait until they are through stretching or whatever. I need to go read up on how to deal with this raw denim business.
20100708-1ksi65pn4dha7f9w6wdwpkk1pa.jpg

What size did you end up getting? Those are pretty big on you, and don't fit much better than the GAPs in your first post. I don't like wearing super tapered jeans either, but I think you could have really benefited from a slimmer cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads