1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Denim help from other skinny guys

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by v1100110, Jul 1, 2010.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

PC NS will be too big in the thigh and lower leg for him, and will have an odd-feeling rise until he washes them after a good wear, and the front gets strunched down. The small sizes like 25 and 26 feel like they have tiny waistband, big hip feel.

I have massively skinny thighs as well, my philosophy has always been to just size to my lower leg and not my thighs, which would kill balance. At 5'7, 115, I'd do APC NC or PS, maybe Julian Red Hoboken as the other guy said, maybe Dior 19cm's in sz 26 with some work on the lower legs (like a few inches hemmed off and perhaps slight taper)... etc, etc. Maybe Uniqlo T-000, but I don't like low-rise jeans that much personally.

2. skinnyman

skinnyman Well-Known Member

By the way I'm not saying that you have to spend that much to get a good fit. Try Levi's again, or if you can I've seen some nice jeans from uniqlo on here. Have you checked the B&S here?

3. v1100110

v1100110 Well-Known Member

Go to urban outfitters. You will probably find some skinny jeans there in your size.

In fact, go buy the unbranded brand jeans and be a guinea pig for us.

Not really looking for skinny jeans, just jeans for skinny people. The unbranded jeans look interesting and they do have my size on the site in slim straight. I will go and see if they have them at the store here.

4. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I'm 5'7, a little under 130, and I too will recommend the APCs. Just wear a belt so the waist doesn't stretch way out.

The Japanese brands recommendation has me curious though--does anyone here wear this sort of size in those brands? What can you tell us? Of course, for the OP, if APCs seem expensive, the Japanese ones are out of the question, I suppose.

5. v1100110

APC NS will be too big in the thigh and lower leg for him, and will have an odd-feeling rise until he washes them after a good wear, and the front gets strunched down. The small sizes like 25 and 26 feel like they have tiny waistband, big hip feel.

I have massively skinny thighs as well, my philosophy has always been to just size to my lower leg and not my thighs, which would kill balance. At 5'7, 115, I'd do APC NC or PS, maybe Julian Red Hoboken as the other guy said, maybe Dior 19cm's in sz 26 with some work on the lower legs (like a few inches hemmed off and perhaps slight taper)... etc, etc. Maybe Uniqlo T-000, but I don't like low-rise jeans that much personally.

Why are the PS's so hard to find? It doesn't even look like any place ever had them in a 26.

6. max_r

max_r Senior member

Why are the PS's so hard to find? It doesn't even look like any place ever had them in a 26.

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665

their stock is getting low right now, they'll probably have a full run (all the way down to 25) on the next restock (dunno when that will be though, try emailing them if you want, their customer service is great)

7. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well if you're happy with where you are, I'd suggest sizing down on a pair of Uniqlo T-000s. It will be a perfect fit.

8. v1100110

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665

their stock is getting low right now, they'll probably have a full run (all the way down to 25) on the next restock (dunno when that will be though, try emailing them if you want, their customer service is great)

Awesome, thanks!
    I'm sort of on the fence about the PS's vs the NS's now that I've looked at some fit pics though. The NS's are more of what I'm looking for, but I doubt they'll look the same on me as the people I'm seeing pictures of. I'm probably going to order something tonight.

9. max_r

max_r Senior member

Awesome, thanks!
    I'm sort of on the fence about the PS's vs the NS's now that I've looked at some fit pics though. The NS's are more of what I'm looking for, but I doubt they'll look the same on me as the people I'm seeing pictures of. I'm probably going to order something tonight.

new cure might work better on you then, on skinny people, they tend to look alot nicer. if you go through the pages of the APC thread there are alot of fit pics, but they take a while to find.

also, read the last 5 or so pages of the APC thread for sizing info. they stretch anywhere from 2 to 4 inches in the waist depending on the size, and about an inch in the legs.

10. BlueWord

BlueWord Well-Known Member

I'm 6'1, 145-155 lbs, depending on the season (cardio or lifting, also known as Spring/Summer, Fall/Winter).

As a lot of people in this thread have made apparent, there are really a lot of options, but you're generally going to have a hard time with mall brands (this extends beyond denim, into most everything; if you're skinny, and you want something that fits, expect to pay more). On a budget, the 511 is probably your best option; 514 has this ridiculous flare out at the knee, and this rise is so short it makes you feel like they're falling off.

My personal recommendation, though, is APC. I like the fit of the NS, personally, but the PS and NC offer varying degrees of tightness, depending on what you're going for.

11. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

you might consider trying some of the skinnier naked and famous cuts.

Yeah I'd endorse these. Or Levi's since they have jeans that are about as skinny as it gets.

12. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

Nudie Slim Jims or Grim Tims?

13. v1100110

14. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Might want to try Grim Tims. I've tried many jeans and, since I have skinny thighs, it's hard to find one that fits in the thighs. Grim Tims have the skinniest thighs I've seen, but they don't give me the skinny look. Then again, I'm more than a few inches taller, and wider than you are, though still relatively skinny.

15. word

word Senior member

This is the fit I want: http://i25.tinypic.com/2088xo7.jpg

He says those are 25 New Standards. I think I'm going to try and order that.

Go for it. Something like that you can always flip here in B&S if it doesn't work out.

16. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior member

6'0 and 130lbs, petit standard is the to-go choice

17. snake

snake Senior member

My Dior 19cm are basically like straight-legs on me. They'd be an excellent choice if you're skinny.

18. YoPete525

YoPete525 Well-Known Member

Your first problem with the Skinnies in your picture is that you've sized them too long in length. Cuff them or hem them and post another picture.

19. v1100110

Your first problem with the Skinnies in your picture is that you've sized them too long in length. Cuff them or hem them and post another picture.

They don't offer them in another length when you order a 28 waist size.

I ordered a pair of 25 APC New Standards, so I'll see how those fit when they come in. I think the gap one's could work, but I'm just not into the rise on them and they could be a bit tighter in the waist. I haven't returned them yet, so if you want to see what they'd look like cuffed I can post one tomorrow.