• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim cut prob. of excess fabric in the crotch area??? anyone seen this?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have noticed with some of the denim I have bought recently the crotch area has an excess of denim and it seems to sort of bunch up across the front and look like ****.... it is mostly with cheaper denim but even had it on a recent pair of KMW's.. I'll try and get pics up later but has anyone noticed this?? I am sure many dont even notice but it bothers the **** out of me!!!

Also seems to be more prevelent in the lower rise distressed/rinsed denim

givemefive

Reaction score
I know what you're talking about. ... I think

Happens on my new standards.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by givemefive
I know what you're talking about. ... I think

Happens on my new standards.

Thats weird, I actually have my NS's on right now and it isnt doing it (they are a new pair though, not broken in yet so maybe that has something to do with it)...

JGP.

Reaction score
I recently noticed that I have it on a couple pairs of nudies, and it definitely bothers me. Nothing on my APC's though...

givemefive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
Thats weird, I actually have my NS's on right now and it isnt doing it (they are a new pair though, not broken in yet so maybe that has something to do with it)...

Well take a picture and maybe I can confirm.

It prob depends on your body type.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i believe this happens when the denim stretches too much in that area, those of you with bigger thighs can have this happen more often

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by givemefive
Well take a picture and maybe I can confirm.

It prob depends on your body type.

read: ********* is too small.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow

haha, I knew this comment would come at some point

givemefive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow

negative

I think he's talking about something different.

I'm talking about bunching on the front of the jeans where the whiskers would be.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^LOL

Post some pics it's probably the grading on the pitch.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that happens a lot on my NC's. I admittedly shoulda/coulda sized down one more, but the bagginess around the crotch isn't proportional to that in the waist/legs/etc.

Mauro, if I'm trying to avoid this in my next pair of jawns, is there anything specific that I should look for or be wary of? Thanks much.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When new raw denim is still stiff (LOL), it pretty much looks fucked up around the crotch, seat, hips, knees, and ankles; doesn't matter how nice the jeans are. It's not until it softens, either through wash or wear or both, that it looks/drapes like you think a pair of jeans should.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
^^LOL

Post some pics it's probably the grading on the pitch.

Originally Posted by Bona Drag
When new raw denim is still stiff (LOL), it pretty much looks fucked up around the crotch, seat, hips, knees, and ankles; doesn't matter how nice the jeans are. It's not until it softens, either through wash or wear or both, that it looks/drapes like you think a pair of jeans should.

It is by far the worst on my KMW 1980's distressed.... the crotch area puffs out a ton and just looks marsupialed... I even tried sizing down from a 34 to 33 and it actually got a tiny bit worse

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Yeah, that happens a lot on my NC's. I admittedly shoulda/coulda sized down one more, but the bagginess around the crotch isn't proportional to that in the waist/legs/etc.

Mauro, if I'm trying to avoid this in my next pair of jawns, is there anything specific that I should look for or be wary of? Thanks much.

happens on my ncs too unless i wear REALLY slim boxer briefs for some reason... i think its because apc denim just stretches so much

Featured Sponsor

What is the most important handwork to have on a shirt?

• Hand attached collar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Handsewn button holes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Hand finish on yolk and shoulders

Votes: 20 37.7%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ria._pass