• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Cuffing-Rolling revisited (again!)

msbel

Reaction score
New to the Forum.

The denim cuff-roll topic resurfaced. I bought a pair of raw RRL slim cut jeans. Love 'em. Would like to cuff or roll this pair. Did it by accident when trying them on, and was like whoa - this looks pretty cool.

My questions is simply- How many inches are you guys using for a cuff and how far up does it start up from the shoe heel? This pair may be too short depending on that range.

Any pics would be great. Right now I am kind of digging the 2 1/2 -3" once cuff - not double roll (these raw are really stiff so it lays really flat) starting about and inch above the heel.

MB

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I like my cuffs at no break on the shoe so it's prolly about 2" above heel, maybe 3

cuff size....a single cuff about 1-1.5" is perfect for me but depending on length some jeans I'll double cuff about 1.5" (like the thin finns I'm wearing today)

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on the jeans and the shoes. I only cuff my selvage jeans.
smile.gif

savage

Reaction score
I like to cuff my selvedge as well. The bigger the better too!!!

msbel

Reaction score
Jeans are Double RL raw slim fit skinny leg. Stiff as a board. Shoes are English style leather cap toe or wing tip a la Paul Smith (elongated toe.)

Yes they are selvage

sloguy

Reaction score
I wear my jeans rolled most of the time and depending on the shoes I am wearing I either keep them rolled so they rest on the top of the shoe or I roll them up to low to mid-calf length. When rolled this high I wear no-show socks so the bare ankle is exposed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads