• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"denim bars" in korea?

GQGiant

Reaction score
does anyone know if there are any denim bars located in korea? i'm here visiting and was wondering if anyone knows any place that might sell dry demin here i.e. nudies, samurais, etc etc. thanks in advance =)

savage

Reaction score
Nope*

You can get Levi's Red Label at the mall at Kangnam. Maybe find somehting at Appujong.

*(last time i was there was 3 years ago.. and knowing Korean expansions, I'm probably waaaaaaay oout of date)

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get APC's at the Galleria. There's a denim section in the Hyundai at CoEx but it mostly carries brands like True Religion and Seven. For other denim brands, if they even exist in Korea, you're going to have to find specialty stores that are for hipsters, in other words, no clue. Just take a 200 flight over to Japan and buy there.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo should have a variety of unwashed selvage denim.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Someome pm'd me yesterday asking the same thing. I have no clue, I never found any store that sold raw name brand denim. Though, you can definately find pre-worn and washed Thai levi fakes, which are actually probably some of the best denim you can buy here locally.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
check out Daily Projects in chungdam. if they don't have any, just ask the clerks where they bought theirs. the clientele is 100% Sufu approved

Reaction score
haha I just asked Eason the same question yesterday... I cant find any either

dizzhizz

Reaction score
didn't see this until today. but as tarmac stated, you should check out daily projects for sufu approved designers in addition to cp's, geller, raf and local designers.

also there is ecru in rodeo which will also carry raf, boo, acne and cosmic wonder.

there's dior homme in the galleria mall and there is also an apc in the same building.

othewise, your best bet is just to order online.

you can find april 77s in either a small boutique store in Sinsa Dong or some outlet in Myong Dong (name slips me now) so best of luck. pm should u need further advice.

GQGiant

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies. haven't been shopping much but looks like my best bet is to check out uniqlo and order the rest online =/ if anyone has any other input that'd be awesome thanks.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
**** here is just too expensive. you'll be paying W240K for any of the APC cuts and close to W300K for any of the DH MII denim.

just order online and ask the seller to mark the package with a value of less than 20 USD to avoid custom charges.

stvwrd

Reaction score
I've been wanting to ask about clothes shopping in Korea myself but didn't imagine there'd be this many people here that know about it. Sweet! Will bookmark this thread and try and check out a couple of the places this weekend.

...or maybe after my next payday...

stvwrd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dizzhizz
**** here is just too expensive. you'll be paying W240K for any of the APC cuts and close to W300K for any of the DH MII denim.

just order online and ask the seller to mark the package with a value of less than 20 USD to avoid custom charges.

Will it be some kind of breech of etiquette if I go to the store in Galleria to try them on and find my size/style, then go order online?

Any good finds to be had at Shinsegae Dept. Store at Express Bus Terminal?

dizzhizz

Reaction score
i also had no clue that this many people were even in seoul! but as for your question, you are MORE than welcome to go in and try **** on. i just hate the shopping experience here in seoul as they follow your every move since they like to focus on "servicing" the customer.

anyways the shinsegae mall at the express terminal has a store called boon da shop on the second floor tucked at the back side along with the other "luxury" goods, specifically next to the testoni and zegna store. you'll find margiela 10, rick owens, mcqueen, perse, diesel (black label or some ****) and some other interesting boutique brands with prices that will leave your ass broke and eating ramen until your next paycheck comes in.

there website mentioned they had geller but when i mentioned if they had any inventory, the SA just gave me a baffled look.
eh.gif

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a larger main Boon the Shop somewhere near Rodeo. Also you can try clothes on all you want as long as you want to deal with the snotty attitudes of sales associates. If you're dressed the part, they'll treat you like Kings though.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
the main boon is actually across from rodeo entrance on the northeast side and on the hillside towards chungdam dong.

another place of interest would be koon within the immediate area. they are supposed to stock geller but still have not made the journey through those damn chungdam streets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads