• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim 24/7! When you just can't, what'dya goto???

dingleberry

Reaction score
I wear my RRDS 2 or sometime 3 times a week to the office if I can get away with it....

for the other days in between, what pant style/material/brand dya'll reach for??? I'm talking something that is casual but not denim.

Goblin

Reaction score
Right now, my only casual pants other than my RRDS are a pair of thrift store corduroys, kind of a basic brown color. Baggy, very wide wale, very casual, comfortable, and good for skating.

I have a pair of cargo pants but they are seriously **** and they're already in the "donation" bag.

My next casual pants purchase will be a pair of nice black straight leg jeans, probably Nudies because I know what size to get now. I bought my RRDS as 30s and they're way too baggy, to the point that I washed them today just to try to shrink them, so I think 28 will be the way to go for Slim/Super-Slim Nudies.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wool flannel pants in interesting textures/ patterns, or corduroys. I never did find khakis that fitted me well.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there are pants that are not denim? f--k me.... i didnt know.

i may one day get a pair of levis cords... found some that were just a bit too small, but im kicking myself for not buying them.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have an appreciation for all pants as they are my favorite pieces of clothing. Though I love denim, I love my washed cotton pants more and I have a place in my heart for wool trousers as well.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm fond of flat front wool trousers or light cords, when I'm not in jeans, a suit, or exercise wear.

dingleberry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I love check'd/plaid wool trousers in addition to denim

who makes a modern cut wool trouser for a reasonable price?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dingleberry
who makes a modern cut wool trouser for a reasonable price?

I've seen some nice ones from Zara that are slim cut and about $80. otherwise sale time is the best time.

fashion_newbie

Reaction score
Picked this up a couple of days ago. It's charcoal and made of wool. It's got cargo pockets. It's BR. I don't know what I liked about it but it was cheap ($12) so I got it.
Any thoughts on what to wear it with? I figured it would be nice once it cools down.
-fn

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I want the rag bone ones, can't find the pic anymore.

calatrava

Reaction score
hmm, chinos for me, ones that are slimmer than the traditional fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads