Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Denim 101 for Men's Clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kaxixi, Dec 2, 2008.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

All denim stretches out a bit, but if you are adding a ton of bulk, no, it will not fit the same around your shoulders in six months. Neither will any of your other clothes.

I wouldn't worry about that though. You don't really know where you will plateau, or your goals may look very different in a few months.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Just saw this, but if you are still interested, Momotaro or Japan Blue "natural taper" or "high tapered": http://www.blueowl.us/collections/j...lvedge-denim-high-tapered?variant=10289059329 for example.

3. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Been looking for some new jeans now that Rag & Bone has seemingly discontinued its Fit 3 (the Fit 2 fits alright, but front pockets are wayyyyyy too shallow; phone doesn't even fit). Wouldn't mind a similar aesthetic (raw, rinsed, washed/distressed or even wax/resin coated are all fine) that can be dressed up or down, slim but comfortable and rise at 10in +/- since I'm not a fan of some of the really low stuff out there.

I'm not a denim head, but don't want it to look cheap (though I don't exactly view denim as art...). Some that have fit well in the past but just don't anymore are Acne and APC. Haven't worn 7s or Diesel since college. Have looked (online) at J Brand (had some before but not in years), John Varvatos, 3x1, 3sixteen, Raleigh, RRL, Naked & Famous and Jean Shop so far. Any others worth a look?

4. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

5. NathanBB

NathanBB Member

I am currently in crisis that my favorite jeans seem to have been out of production for such a time that finding a pair is impossible.
    I currently wear the boot cut Edwin Sen Rainbow selvedge ED49.
    I managed recently to locate a pair in Germany and am now looking for other stock or a suitable replacement, be assured when these go there will be tears.
    Any thoughts.

6. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Found an old pic and thought I'd bump this old thread w/ it:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016