1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Demi Lovato

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by acidboy, Nov 2, 2010.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

another fine product from the good people at disney...
    Demi Lovato, one of the stable of young Disney performers who shot to stardom through a combination of talent and a squeaky-clean reputation, announced Tuesday she is pulling out of a concert tour with the Jonas Brothers to seek treatment for "emotional and physical issues." A source close to Lovato's family told People magazine that the singer and actress, best known for the "Camp Rock" movies and her TV series "Sonny With a Chance," has been battling an eating disorders and cutting for some time. The location of Lovato's treatment center was not disclosed. The 18-year-old performer reportedly decided to seek treatment after getting into a fight with a dancer on her concert tour. Her rep said Tuesday that Lovato "has decided to take personal responsibility for her actions and seek help." A Disney spokesman said, "We support Demi's decision to put her health first and we send her our best wishes." Reports on Tuesday said Lovato has been fighting emotional demons for years. She has said she was bullied in middle school, and long has been tormented by body image issues and an urge to cut herself. A source told People magazine that Lovato, who generally comes across as vivacious and lively on-screen and in interviews, "doesn't have the same kind of love for life that she at one point had."
    there are old pics of her that hinted she had cuts on her wrist, too [​IMG] [​IMG] poor kid.

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Tagut's by her bedside so I wouldn't worry.

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

thought tagut's creeping out on this: [​IMG]

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

They were actually BFFs before Tagut came between them.
    [​IMG]

5. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

Pretty girl. I hope she has a full recovery.

6. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

How sad. I've watched a few of her movies and her show with my kids and she seems like a sweet girl. Hope she gets better.

7. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Cry me a fucking river. If life as a successful entertainter bothers her that much, she can quit, move from L.A. and be like every normal kid. Crazy bitch.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Pretty girl. I hope she has a full recovery.

+1. One of my cousins was a cutter but she's getting better now. Looked nothing like Ms. Lovato, though.

9. ragewear

ragewear New Member

this really shocked me, i wasn't expecting this at all. but i guess it comes with the job

10. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

The cutting allegations are being denied.

11. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

They were actually BFFs before Tagut came between them.

[​IMG]

brb.............

12. Monaco

Monaco Senior member

Whats the story on cutting? how and where did it originate? is it for attention? or do cutters really do it to 'take the pain away'.

13. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Emotionally vulnerable teens are so easy. This girl would bang a scarecrow.

14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

The cutting allegations are being denied.

of course they are. what they're saying is she partied hard in the middle of the tour, someone snitched, she thinks it was one of the dancers, and she had a fight with her. yup, she really needs to go to a treatment center for that. [​IMG]

15. dl20

dl20 Senior member

Whats the story on cutting? how and where did it originate? is it for attention? or do cutters really do it to 'take the pain away'.

There are multiple reasons people self injure but nowdays I see soooo many kids who cut a handful of times because they see it in the media and give it a shot. Luckily its quite different than the individuals whose primary coping mechanism is SIB who really struggle to change their behavior. Honestly I think "raising awareness" of this issue does far more harm than good.

DL