• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dehner boots

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a few scattered references on the forum to Dehner but no actual reviews of the boots, as far as I can tell. Does anyone have experience with them? I'm thinking of getting a custom pair of lace-up tanker boots in an oiled black leather. Prices seem pretty reasonable.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this isn't much help but I've heard the name before and I think I've seen that site as well but, unfortunately, I've never heard anyone actually say anything about them.

Edit: I thought I remembered them from somewhere. There are a lot of pics and some information about them on this site but DO NOT ask me how I found the site... :crazy:

http://www.hotboots.com/

These Dehner's look pretty cool: Link

Last edited:

Tilyou

Reaction score
I just got a pair of Dehner Jodhpurs in Black "dragoon" leather with gussets. The leather is heavily oiled, supposedly rain resistant, and tough.

The good:

The boots are AMAZING! Screw used Jods bought on eBay -- made to order boots fit, and if they don't Dehner will adjust them.

They slip on without a shoe horn. They look great, but they're also huge -- not as pretty as Crockett & Jones or Tricker's Chepstow and not as stylish as Ralph Lauren, but I didn't expect them to be (if I wanted another pair like that I would have chosen calfskin which Dehner's also offers). They are built for work -- tough **** kickers that still have Jodphur elegance, and I've already walked in them for hours -- they are very comfortable which I can't say about the others (feet without corns and incipient bunions may feel differently). Think of them as "country boots" (the way Trickers and others use that term).

The bad...

Dehner hasn't updated its website since 2014 and some parts of it (the email list) seem not to work. Dehner seems to rely on orders from saddle shops, which appear to be disappearing, and from motorcycle patrolmen. And orders sometimes take a long tiime (I waited over 4 months). I don't know who makes their "dragoon" leather but apparently Dehners sometimes has to wait years to get it so not all color choices (and there are only 3) are available. This is not a company trying to modernize by offering sneakers or green dainite.

Now that Dehner has my measurements ordering a second pair was easy, and I did. Get 'em while I can.

PS... Trickers appears no longer to sell Chepstow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads