• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

~Definitive Vinyl Thread~

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont even know how to pretend to post in this thread.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Speaking of Dave Brubeck. I found a "Six-Eye" Time Further Out here in Denver for $9 yesterday.

try twist & shout records if you already haven't been there.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
try twist & shout records if you already haven't been there.

I am a regular customer of this store. I go to Denver a lot. I also like Black and Read.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
My two favourite items:

A signed LP of Beck's Odelay. He signed this for me in Philly despite my being incredibly drunk at the time.

The December 1969 issue of National Geographic which contains a special record with moments from the moon landing. This issue is in mint condition, and I haven't taken it apart to listen to it yet. I am waiting for a special occasion.

I love Odelay. Great album.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a collection of several hundred records, nothing too special, I've kind of gotten out of it since my last son was born 4 years ago. I wouldn't mind selling them all so if anyone is in the Ohio/Michigan area and is interested, PM me.

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had hundreds, if not thousands, of records from punk/indie/hardcore bands from about '95 to '02. I sold most of it on Ebay just before the ability to download rare material online became so easy. I still have about 100 records I haven't listened to in years: Hot Water Music, Leatherface, Converge, etc. etc. etc. Whoever was putting out vinyl in that scene during that timeframe I probably had it...

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
I had hundreds, if not thousands, of records from punk/indie/hardcore bands from about '95 to '02. I sold most of it on Ebay just before the ability to download rare material online became so easy. I still have about 100 records I haven't listened to in years: Hot Water Music, Leatherface, Converge, etc. etc. etc. Whoever was putting out vinyl in that scene during that timeframe I probably had it...

lol, i think your west coast doppelganger just dropped off their collection at record surplus.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
lol, i think your west coast doppelganger just dropped off their collection at record surplus.

Would be better off at a garbage dump.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I picked up a Glenn Gould album from a street market once.

adamdurbin

Reaction score
I've got a few 7"'s that are a little rare - Peaches "Rockshow", a few early Fitz of Depression and other K records 7"'s and Bikini Kill's "I like ******* b/w I hate Danger" and "New Radio b/w Rebel Girl" - basically the first riot grrl single. Never mind the fact that I also have a 7" of Killdozer covering EMF's "Unbelievable." Jesus and Mary Chain's "Head On" single (original pressing). By far the most valuable - a first pressing of Hole's "Dicknail b/w Burn Black." Slightly less rare is the impossible to find Mogwai/Bardo Pond split 10" with D to E, Drum Machine (mogwai) and Despite the roar and Highlands (Bardo Pond) from the US/Canada Tour, 2001. I think they pressed about 5000 of these on Matador.

Message me if you know any of this stuff!

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know vinyl is super trendy now, but really? $22 for a "new" LP? plus to boot, I've found that most non-punk labels don't seeming give a **** about the condition of the sleeves prior to sending them out for a sale. it's pretty ******* absurd to look at a $22 record, still sealed and it has obvious crease marks all over the place.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Had some good finds yesterday. All original minus the Shaggs, which was the Rounder 1980 release, not the original private press . Not my photos:
61IOzxijZEL.jpg
4848343079.jpg
41Jth6LFRqL.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads