• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Definitive Jantzen shirt fabric thread

TurboTropic

Reaction score
Please post photos of your Jantzen shirts in this thread together with the fabric number and other details. Now that Jantzen appears to have got it's act together I imagine this will be an often repeated question.

Thanks.

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TurboTropic
Please post photos of your Jantzen shirts in this thread together with the fabric number and other details. Now that Jantzen appears to have got it's act together I imagine this will be an often repeated question.

Thanks.

I'm curious to see how many people have shirts using the 'new fabrics' that Ricky has in stock. I have a few dozen shirts, but none are from the new page....

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't so impressed with the "new fabrics" I hope he can get the inventory up and running semi-up to date.

Edit: It had nothing to do with perceived quality, rather very few things jumped out at me.

TurboTropic

Reaction score
Added this from another Jantzen thread. Hope Skyhigh, the original poster doesn't mind but it's exactly what we're looking for:

Shirt 1: Jantzen #1141, White Fine Twill with Jade Green & Light Blue Window Panes, 100's, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton. This fabric was better than expected. Quite thin and a nice shine.

Shirt 2: Checkers #36, White Twill with Orange Squares, (Soft Cotton) 100's, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton.
I got a pink one instead... and that was too thick.

Shirt 3: Stripe #537, Light Blue Hair-Line with Navy/White/Beige Broad Stripes, 100's, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton. Just OK, nothing moore. Too stiff.

Shirt 4: Stripe #290, White and Light Gray Stripe, 110's, 2 Ply, 100 % Italian Cotton. The best shirt in the lot. Fabric just as good as my MTM Zegnas.

Shirt 5: Jantzen #1450, White Fine Twill with Blue Classic squares, 110's, 2 Ply, (Soft cotton) 100 % Italian Cotton. This was a good fabric, comfortable and soft.

Shirt 6: JKT #0089, White Very Small Herringbone, 110`s, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton. This was just to thick, but at least it was soft.

Shirt 7: Stripe #301, White with blue and olive Stripe, 110`s, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton. Terrible fabric, very stiff an a plastic feel.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a wiki section for that

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
there is a wiki section for that
Unfortunately, the wiki section is rather out of date since all the jkt fabrics ahve been pulled off from the site. I called ricky yesterday and he confirmed that he was not carrying those fabrics any more, though it was unclear whether the new "Jantzen #xxxx" fabrics were a new form of premium fabrics or just ordinary ones.

I would be glad to have any info update.

houserichichi

Reaction score
These are my most recent shirts off the new lists (as of 31 December, 2007). Some of the old materials were just gems like dobby #94, for instance. I hope newer fabrics match similar quality.

Jantzen*2009
White fine 100s twill with blue stripes 2 ply Italian cotton
Italian fin collar #30 (1/8" tie space, 1 5/8" back height, 3 3/4" collar point) with edge stitching, split yoke with red monogram (my initials)
French placket (1 3/8" wide) with edge stitching
Nature 3.4mm trocas buttons
Gusset triangle
Shoulder pleats
Single button round cuffs (2 1/2" long) with edge stitching.

Jantzen*2071
White fine 120s twill with light blue squares 2 ply Italian cotton
Italian fin collar #30 (1/8" tie space, 1 5/8" back height, 4" collar point) with 3/8" stitching
Split yoke with yellow monogram (my initials)
French placket (1 3/8" wide) with 3/8" stitching
Nature 3.4mm trocas buttons
Gusset triangle
Shoulder pleats
Single button round cuffs (2 1/2" long) with 3/8" stitching.

Jantzen*2006
White Diamond Dobby with Light Blue Pique Stripes, 100's, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton
Italian fin collar #30 (1/8" tie space, 2" back height, 3 3/4" collar point) with no stitching (fashionable)
Split yoke with pink monogram (my initials)
French placket (1 1/2" wide) with 3/8" stitching
Thick nature mother of pearl button 3.00mm thickness
Gusset triangle
Shoulder pleats
Round french cuff style (3" long) with not stitching

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What is this about Ricky "getting his act together"? Is his service much quicker now?

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is a geat thread idea - and if posters would take the time to do what "houserichici" did in post #8, it would save a lot of time for many of us trying to decide on materials and the myriad of options

kudos and I hope this thread gets lots of participants

this would be good for other shirt makers as well (Mytailor.com, Chan, etc) becaue it's so hard to tell the material from their websites

Cuff Link

Reaction score
What is his realistic turn around time nowadays?

Cuff

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to know too. I'd say 1 month from the recent threads.

Originally Posted by Cuff Link
What is his realistic turn around time nowadays?

Cuff

rando

Reaction score
I thought he goes thru different fabrics so that what was available 6 months ago is probably not available? Is this not true?

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
I'm going to try Jantzen for the first time, and I'm trying to order just a conservative, simple white or light blue shirt for office wear. Can anyone recommend a fabric?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads