1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Definitive Guide to Montreal Shopping

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gwydion, Sep 22, 2010.

1. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

haha ok. i went to sunglass hut today and said "i'm looking for sunglasses with purple lenses"

"we don't have any"

"..."

2. halisray

halisray Senior member

not mainstream enough

3. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior member

so basically I should only go in there if I am willing to drop $200+? they don't carry brands like Wings + Horns, etc?

lol @ w+h being in the < $200 range

4. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

Only place that carry w+h in montreal is les etoffes I think.

I'm doing some tour today of the stores today, duo, u&i, etoffes. Maybe I'll go to ssense and reborn as well. Can't bother going to that store on west st-cath.

5. Brosef

Brosef Senior member

Only place that carry w+h in montreal is les etoffes I think.

I'm doing some tour today of the stores today, duo, u&i, etoffes. Maybe I'll go to ssense and reborn as well. Can't bother going to that store on west st-cath.

Did you end up going to Duo???? What are the new things they have now? Anything on sale? Man, working in a lab as an undergrad for a shitty salary is a bitch.

Oh and Reborn is the creepiest store ever. lol

6. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

The dude at reborn scares me yea :X

I couldn't do my big tour in the end... just went to simons [​IMG]

7. Brosef

Brosef Senior member

Aww that sucks. Anything good from Simons?

BTW, is $60 for a hairdresser expensive for a guy? I really don't know a thing about that type of stuff, I usually shave my hair in my friend's garage, lmao.

8. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior member

BTW, is $60 for a hairdresser expensive for a guy? I really don't know a thing about that type of stuff, I usually shave my hair in my friend's garage, lmao.

$60 is a lot... a reasonable haircut by a barber will cost you like $15-20

reborn also carries w+h, its not just les Ã[​IMG]toffes

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

$60 is a lot... a reasonable haircut by a barber will cost you like $15-20

barbers also don't know how to cut hair in a way that has any element of stylistic difficulty. I pay $40 for mine.

10. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

Well, they have their usual designers, only new one I noticed is versace. They should receive everything by the end of this month.
    Too much y3, givenchy and disquared2 imho.

11. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

went to les etoffes; wings + horns christophe lemaire melinda gloss rag&bone SNS vibskov n&f unis ervell etc... [​IMG] Nice stuff. Update incoming tonight : ssense, reborn, rooney, simons, holt, duo, u&i. Sunny day!

12. Brosef

Brosef Senior member

Still waiting for the update :p especially for Duo and U and I. Does TNT still carry menswear?

13. Platypus

Platypus Senior member

Was able to visit a few stores in the past week so here is an update: Les Etoffes:
    wings + horns christophe lemaire melinda gloss rag&bone SNS vibskov n&f unis ervell
    + Petar Petrov Chauncey Some good stuff, but a rather small selection from some of the brands (like 2-3 pieces of Ervell, 1-2 of Petrov). Quite a bit of SNS. Actually, my favorites were the Chauncey knits (a Belgian brand I think) in great colors (both the peach and the grey). U & I: Junya Watanabe Mihara Yasuhiro Haversack EG Phillip Lim Etc... Not a bad buy actually. Quite colorful in general. Junya trenches in yellow and blue, multicolored Junya blazer (best thing in the store imo...great fit but runs small, great fabric, etc), some nice Mihara. They don't generally stock smaller sizes though [​IMG] Duo: Lanvin Dior Homme Prada Margiela Victor and Rolf Etc... Really safe / boring buy. Quite a large Lanvin selection (but nothing really interesting), not much Margiela, Dior Homme is horrible. They are still waiting for Balmain I believe. I did not look at the sister store (the slightly lower-end stuff next door). Simons: Alexander McQueen Junya Watanabe Givenchy Yohji Yamamoto Drkshdw Paul Smith / Dubuc / Marc Jacobs / Dsquared / Y-3 / D&G / Wooyoubngmi / Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair / Etc... In the midst of the eurotrashy stuff (this is the most eurotrash-esque buy of Drkshdw I've ever seen) there is some interesting stuff. They have a few pieces with the McQueen smoke (or whatever it is) print, some Yohji is nice, I didn't even hate the Givenchy (I'm as shocked as you are), Junya buy is kinda boring and mostly grey / white. I think they rotate the stuff quite a bit so I may have missed something. Rooney: ??? I've never been in there before. Went in and went out about a minute later. Lots of flannel. Clearly not my thing. Reborn: Lots of Rad Hourani Rad by Rad BBS Drkshdw Silent Etc... Lots of Rad Hourani which I've never warmed up to, but in spite of that some of it is nice. Some decent BBS at 60 off. They are getting more BBS, Damir Doma, and Gareth Pugh among other things. Also, not for this season, but they are looking at Siki Im and Devoa. Michel Brisson (Old Montreal): ??? Seriously, I can't remember one thing I saw in there other than lots and lots of boring shirting. Michel Brisson (Laurier): KKA (Attachment) Jil Sander Dries Van Noten Robert Geller Marni Rick Owens Etro / Tiger of Sweden / Etc... Less impressive than the brand list would lead you to believe. Some of the Attachment is decent, was super disappointed they had none of the flower print Jil stuff, was surprised how much I liked some of the Marni knits. Nice but meh. If anyone wants more info let me know (though I tend to gloss over the more boring stuff).

14. Jvog

Jvog Senior member

hey, is the reborn website similar to what they have in stock in store? or is it something completely different. their webstore seems to be outdated considering the list of brands you named.

15. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

Rooney: ??? I've never been in there before. Went in and went out about a minute later. Lots of flannel. Clearly not my thing.
    Rooney is a nice little shop if you're into brands like Our Legacy, Monitaly, Gitman Bros, Filson, etc. Prices are reasonable and the staff is friendly. http://www.rooneyshop.com

16. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

Well platypus did my job [​IMG] Thanks! Agree with you on the duo stuff. Although I bought shades there. The girl (axelle) can be a pain in the ass, good thing that she has beautiful eyes. Loved u&i. I tried that funky blazer and fell in love as well, perfect fit on me, the yellow parka is fuckin cool as well. Bought a hidden junya cardigan that was on sale :p (-60%). They still have a few junya pieces in sale (a green ugly thing and the collab with gloverall). Les etoffes: I forgot chauncey but had a good feeling about them as well. Indeed, they run a small selection but a good shop in general. Hated Brisson. Didn't even mention it. :p Ssense : good expensive stuff basically. Nice pieces. JVOG : they'll put the collection at the end of april for the sale. Ho they have CPs. One pair in sale.

17. NFDENIM

NFDENIM Well-Known Member

18. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

19. heartlessphil

heartlessphil Senior member

New shop (well, october '10) : http://www.boutiquetozzi.com/

Bought a n&f pair there.
    Owner is very cool!

looks like a cool place...ill go check it out soon

dunno if somebody mentionned it but harry rosen. lots of great stuff including unaffordable tom ford suits :)

20. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

looks like a cool place...ill go check it out soon

dunno if somebody mentionned it but harry rosen. lots of great stuff including unaffordable tom ford suits :)

Really? Last time I went it was just a bunch of Etro, Boss Orange and Faconnable there. Quite bleh.