1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Definitive Guide to Montreal Shopping

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gwydion, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

So guys, anyone hit the stores lately?
    Still waiting on junya in simons (I'm going there this afternoon).
    Also I think I'm planning a trip to NYC to buy shoes... cant find shit in montreal.
    I should go check les etoffes, duo, reborn to check what's up as well but I don't know when.

2. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

So guys, anyone hit the stores lately?
    Still waiting on junya in simons (I'm going there this afternoon).
    Also I think I'm planning a trip to NYC to buy shoes... cant find shit in montreal.
    I should go check les etoffes, duo, reborn to check what's up as well but I don't know when.

I'm heading to NYC around March 13th for the week. Probably gonna just hit up UNIQLO for cheap summer wear since I can't afford to buy more pricey things if I want to go to NZ, lol.

I went to Simons a week back and there's nothing there at all. Guess they're still waiting for things. I walked by AM68 and it seems like they are clearing it all out? I know they weren't doing so great so they may be closing. Duo got a bunch of stuff in but didn't see anything I liked. Will go to Les Etoffes one of these days...when I find it.

3. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior member

Am68 are having a sale, 60% off everything except jewelry. They had APC but only sizes 34. Got a pair at Holt Renfew.

finally a good reason to go there

4. halisray

halisray Senior member

am68 are moving to a smaller location in old port (?) I think. Hence the 60% off everything.

5. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

am68 are moving to a smaller location in old port (?) I think. Hence the 60% off everything.

I remember Alfonso saying something about going to Michel Brisson or something. Interesting.

6. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

Yea uniqlo will be a stop for me for some basics. I'll ask on the forum detailed addresses since I know basically what I want to buy in NYC (common projects shoes, rag&bone stuff, boat shoes etc) I just went back from simons and I fell in love with a wooyoungmi linen blazer. As soon as it's on sale, I'll prolly buy it [​IMG] Still no junya tho [​IMG]

7. Brosef

Brosef Senior member

Where do you guys cut your hair? Due to exam, labs and volunteering I have found myself with the longest hair I've ever had in my life (something like 3-4 inches, ha). Anyways, I usually always shave them but I feel like doing something now that I've actually let them grow. I must say I have the worst hair in the world though. No limit to the price but keep in mind I am a student lol [​IMG]

8. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

I live on the south shore(Brossard) so I get my hair cut around here. Let me know if you still want the place though.

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

academie de coiffure saint-laurent @ saint-catherine (near berri-uqam)

10. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior member

bumping this for nuit blanche

whats going on other than arsty stuff?

11. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

12. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

always hated the nuit blanche. :p
    Any place except for hazan for good shades?
    Damn I want these : http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/a...sunglasses.php
    [​IMG]

Would like to know where too. When I was there last buying my eyeglasses, all I saw were larger frames for sunglasses. They don't suit me [​IMG]

13. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

Lol, juste received a voicemail on my cell from boutique duo inviting me to come check the new collections.
    Are they desperate or what? :X

14. Platypus

Platypus Senior member

Lol, juste received a voicemail on my cell from boutique duo inviting me to come check the new collections. Are they desperate or what? :X
    Haha. Got the same call today.

15. Brosef

Brosef Senior member

Lol same.
    As for eyewear, try Alain Assedo (4933 Sherbrooke W.). Never went myself but I've heard good things about it.

16. Brosef

Brosef Senior member

I live on the south shore(Brossard) so I get my hair cut around here. Let me know if you still want the place though.
    If it's a good place I wouldn't mind. Go ahead. [​IMG]
    academie de coiffure saint-laurent @ saint-catherine (near berri-uqam)

Thanks. I'll look it up!

17. halisray

halisray Senior member

is Duo any good? I live literally 5 minutes from it

18. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

where is good to buy/try on sunglasses

19. Brosef

Brosef Senior member

-
    is Duo any good? I live literally 5 minutes from it
    Yeah I like it. The salesman mentioned they'd start getting Louboutin and Balmain lol Other than that they carry Dior, Prada, Neil Barrett, Lanvin, Moncler, McQ, etc etc. That's about all I can remember. Too bad their website sucks though.
    where is good to buy/try on sunglasses
    I've only had experience with two stores...Albert Hazan was pretty good, but their choice wasn't very large. They can order whatever you want, though. The other one was Kelly Akram or something like that at Cours Mont Royal. It was horrible. All the sunglasses I was interested in were marked up by at least $75-100 and then they tell you they're gonna make a special price just for you :cool: ...

20. halisray

halisray Senior member

so basically I should only go in there if I am willing to drop $200+? they don't carry brands like Wings + Horns, etc?